ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Would you leave it?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Situation today I've never came across: guy with porch had left a sign saying 'If an item needs signing for, here is my signature, leave it on the floor and take this note as proof of delivery' signed at the bottom. As it happens the guy never had anything anyway so it wasn't an issue but would you have left it? :hmmmm I probably wouldn't have to be honest despite the fact this was a very nice rural area. Got me thinking though, if the pda fails we use those proof of delivery cards instead which is only a signature like the guy had left me.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by WOBBLY »

Nope, never doorstep, ever.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by Seymour Buts »

I tend to avoid when it's stick over the gate or in bin ect but porches are fine with me.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Would you leave it?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Ignore full stop
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by world class male »

i had a lady shouting over to leave a parcel (special) with her yesterday and a note on door saying same, it was her daughters, still told her no,i made her get the keys and open the door and sign for it, she wasn't happy, i just said would you pay all my bills if take that attitude and get sacked? she soon calmed down
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by robbertwhitton »

It’s a shame the public aren’t aware of our delivery procedures in the first place,come to think of it not sure us postmen are at times,it’s a minefield at times and when it suits management,I wouldn’t leave it,let him complain if he wants,but if he’s a decent person he will understand that’s not what we do officially,I guess we would all want to help but know what’s in store should it go tits up,I hope Dom will back you if he goes off on one?.in this climate they will be happy to dismiss you over that I’m desperate for evr to go afterc37 years
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by Creditshampoo »

Ignore
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Do they come across at Xmas? Oops no....
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by joewyan »

postietom wrote:Situation today I've never came across: guy with porch had left a sign saying 'If an item needs signing for, here is my signature, leave it on the floor and take this note as proof of delivery' signed at the bottom. As it happens the guy never had anything anyway so it wasn't an issue but would you have left it? :hmmmm I probably wouldn't have to be honest despite the fact this was a very nice rural area. Got me thinking though, if the pda fails we use those proof of delivery cards instead which is only a signature like the guy had left me.
Not a chance! Only if you don’t want your job anymore.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by Mobey »

If you've seen it, how many potential thieves have seen it. Something I would always wonder when I see notes where to leave the parcel.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by Jpro747 »

Someone with 20 years service was on a rural delivery was asked by someone if he would sign for a special, he did and the customer complained they hadn’t recieved it, he got sacked. However, I know a few posties that sign for everything and have gotten away with it for years! Managers know they are doing it but turn a blind eye.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Would you leave it?

Post by twoloops »

I would ignore any notes left on doors, leave at number 43 etc, if they are not in let them fetch it from the office, look after your job.
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Would you leave it?

Post by gunho »

These people owe you nothing, I know you want to help but you have to much to lose now pension, shares, job. No point taking the risk for people you don’t really know