I recently posted about being bullied in work, and how my union rep and manager didn’t want to help me ... there solution was to put me on the other side of the office.
Well all of a sudden now my union rep has decided he wants to help ... which obviously I am greatful for. He’s helped me get what I wanted ( tranfer ) but it means I’m dropping from a 30 hour contract to a 24 ... over a month that’s a lot of hours lost. I don’t see how I should be expected to loose hours ... because of bullies basically ...
And advise ? ...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Continuation... bullied at work ...
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Continuation... bullied at work ...
Yes. Ask for a bullying and harassment form and don’t take no for an answer. When they contact you and try to make you change it to a grievance refuse and say it’s bullying and baressment.
You’ll have a meeting with someone about it in a private room and have notes dates etc all with you and they should investigate it.
You’ll have a meeting with someone about it in a private room and have notes dates etc all with you and they should investigate it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Continuation... bullied at work ...
Elsa21 wrote:I recently posted about being bullied in work, and how my union rep and manager didn’t want to help me ... there solution was to put me on the other side of the office.
Well all of a sudden now my union rep has decided he wants to help ... which obviously I am greatful for. He’s helped me get what I wanted ( tranfer ) but it means I’m dropping from a 30 hour contract to a 24 ... over a month that’s a lot of hours lost. I don’t see how I should be expected to loose hours ... because of bullies basically ...
And advise ? ...
He hasn't sorted out the bullying and harassment, the manager has swept it under the carpet.
I may be wrong but looking from outside, they have used the opportunity of you asking for a transfer to remove you from the situation rather than sorting the issue itself. When you transfer by request you can lose hours, I have never heard of a transfer for disciplinary or welfare reasons resulting in a reduced contract.
The rep may have gone along with it for an easy life, or perhaps they have been played by management. However, they must know that this cancerous issue should be tackled properly or it will happen again.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Continuation... bullied at work ...
I think you have the backbone to proceed with a B&H complaint and not let these morons win by you transferring to another office and worst still lose out financially.
There hopefully is other colleagues within your office with some degree of humanity have been seeing at first hand what you have been enduring on a daily basis and the action of being singled out for isolation rather than tackle the source of the problem at its root.
Hope that these colleagues have the backbone to complete witness statements in your support.
As teebs has mentioned it seems your rep is taking the easy route by out of sight out of mind but this allows these morons the opportunity to target another colleague.
Tell your rep that you wish the involvement of your area/divisional rep and issue a grievance on the PSP starting off with the next authority level above your manager.
It is well documented what the effect of B&H can result in to the individual hence the diversity training coupled to the B&H procedure is to halt and RM policy clearly states that B& H will not be tolerated in the workplace.
Your manager and union rep must have been off sick when these were introduced.
Go for it.
There hopefully is other colleagues within your office with some degree of humanity have been seeing at first hand what you have been enduring on a daily basis and the action of being singled out for isolation rather than tackle the source of the problem at its root.
Hope that these colleagues have the backbone to complete witness statements in your support.
As teebs has mentioned it seems your rep is taking the easy route by out of sight out of mind but this allows these morons the opportunity to target another colleague.
Tell your rep that you wish the involvement of your area/divisional rep and issue a grievance on the PSP starting off with the next authority level above your manager.
It is well documented what the effect of B&H can result in to the individual hence the diversity training coupled to the B&H procedure is to halt and RM policy clearly states that B& H will not be tolerated in the workplace.
Your manager and union rep must have been off sick when these were introduced.
Go for it.