ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
moyasbeech
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 May 2016, 15:15
Gender: Male

HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT

Post by moyasbeech »

I'm seriously considering packing in for the upcoming world cup in russia. I'm working up to saturday 9th june which means I'll have worked 10 weeks of this current tax year. However I have had 2 weeks annual leave meaning I have had 10 days holiday. I contacted wages department and they say for working 10 weeks I have only earned 5 point something days so probably rounds up to 6 days. So on my last week of work I may get stopped 4 days pay so in other words only be paid for one day on my final wageslip. However I have 1 lieu day outstanding from new years day this year as I was on annual leave and I accrue a second lieu day at end of may 28th I think as I am off on day off last monday in may. So if I'm stopped anything I should only be stopped 2 days pay my last week. Does this sound o.K, or does anyone think I shouldn't be stopped anything at all really?
swindonandy
Posts: 126
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
Gender: Male

HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT

Post by swindonandy »

moyasbeech wrote:I'm seriously considering packing in for the upcoming world cup in russia. I'm working up to saturday 9th june which means I'll have worked 10 weeks of this current tax year. However I have had 2 weeks annual leave meaning I have had 10 days holiday. I contacted wages department and they say for working 10 weeks I have only earned 5 point something days so probably rounds up to 6 days. So on my last week of work I may get stopped 4 days pay so in other words only be paid for one day on my final wageslip. However I have 1 lieu day outstanding from new years day this year as I was on annual leave and I accrue a second lieu day at end of may 28th I think as I am off on day off last monday in may. So if I'm stopped anything I should only be stopped 2 days pay my last week. Does this sound o.K,
Sounds about right. The point something days will probably be paid as point something days.
moyasbeech wrote:or does anyone think I shouldn't be stopped anything at all really?
You've not worked enough for it so you most certainly should be stopped for it.

Is it worth throwing your job in for a football tournament? See if you can get the time off as Special Leave or hell even a Career Break, that way you have a job to come back to.