ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'll health retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

I'll health retirement

Post by hothothot »

Do you have to be in royal mail pension scheme to get I'll health retirement benefits. I've worked for royal mail for 17 years aged 58 not in royal mail pension scheme what would I be entitled to I've been off work for4 months with a serious back problem ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I'll health retirement

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The Ill health retirement agreement is in downloads might be worth checking it out.

As to the question, it may affect what you are entitled to if you get IHR'd, but it doesn't mean you can't be.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.