ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay query
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay query
Its your contribution to your pension.
RMDCP is The Royal Mail Defined Contribution Plan
RMDCP is The Royal Mail Defined Contribution Plan
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay query
In a waySprattacus wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its your contribution to your pension.
RMDCP is The Royal Mail Defined Contribution Plan
Is it compulsory?
http://www.zurich.co.uk/worksavings/faqs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But you can Opt out, you should have received some documentation outlining your rights etc with regards to pensions.The government has introduced a new law designed to help people save for their retirement. It requires all employers to enrol their workers into a workplace pension scheme if they are not already in one. When you will be enrolled depends on the size of the organisation you work for. Very large employers enrolled their staff from the end of 2012. Other employers will follow some time after this, over several years.
http://www.zurich.co.uk/worksavings/faqs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You should think carefully before you opt out or stop contributing as it will mean losing out on employer contributions and tax relief that would have gone into your retirement savings.
If you decide to opt out you may be able to do it in the following ways:
Online
Telephone
Online
This option is generally only available to Members who joined the Plan within the last month and either opted in or were enrolled automatically.
You can opt out directly by logging into your account and selecting the Enrolment Opt Out menu option from the left hand side of the screen and follow the instructions.
The advantage of doing this online is it takes a few minutes and we can quickly tell your employer to stop taking contributions.
Telephone
Call 0800 092 8263* and you will speak to a person who will talk you through the process and opt you out over the phone. This telephone call is likely to take up to ten minutes. Your employer will then be told to stop taking contributions. Calls are free from a BT landline. Charges from mobile phones may vary.
Deduction of contributions from your pay will be stopped in the next available pay run after receipt of your instructions.
*We may record or monitor calls to improve our service
Basic Pay is the current week. Overtime is usually (nut no exclusively) a week in arrears.Sprattacus wrote:Also a pay query. What days does a payslip cover? Is it Monday through to Saturday? I was expecting an hour more of overtime this week
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay query
However, I would think seriously about staying in -
If you opt out you are basically giving away free money because Royal Mail at a minimum matches your payment, and in most cases actually, pay in more than you do.
If you opt out you are basically giving away free money because Royal Mail at a minimum matches your payment, and in most cases actually, pay in more than you do.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Pay query
pay no tax ?? is this because of the hours ?Post12345 wrote:Why for the last two weeks have I had a £7.14 reduction adjustment on my pay entitled
PSE adj RMDCP MIN???
Is this every week for ever now?
I'm 6 months in from May, 25 hours and I don't pay tax.
Can anyone help?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Post12345
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
- Gender: Female
Pay query
So the-7.14 is under the payments section of my pay slip (though it is definitely a minus amount. )
I have always had a separate log in my deductions for CWU Opt in for £2.22.
Why the minus 7.14 as well for the last 2 weeks?
Thanks
Yes I don't earn enough to pay tax
I have always had a separate log in my deductions for CWU Opt in for £2.22.
Why the minus 7.14 as well for the last 2 weeks?
Thanks
Yes I don't earn enough to pay tax
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Pay query
That sounds a load of rubbish to me. It is only Saturdays hours that may have been affected due to PSP being closed down, the rest of the week was fine. If you have done any overtime this week then hours up to and including today will be paid next week, Friday and Saturday overtime will be paid on the 11th as the system is shut down to sort out the pay rise/back pay.Ringer21 wrote:I done 8 hours overtime last week didn't receive a penny of it today in my payslip was told it was something to do with the pay deal I'll get it next week
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Pay query
So I get Monday 23rd April pay on 4th may and Saturday 21st pay on the 11th of may how does that workjoewyan wrote:Ringer21 wrote:I done 8 hours overtime last week didn't receive a penny of it today in my payslip was told it was something to do with the pay deal I'll get it next week
That sounds a load of rubbish to me. It is only Saturdays hours that may have been affected due to PSP being closed down, the rest of the week was fine. If you have done any overtime this week then hours up to and including today will be paid next week, Friday and Saturday overtime will be paid on the 11th as the system is shut down to sort out the pay rise/back pay.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Pay query
gary1975 wrote:So I get Monday 23rd April pay on 4th may and Saturday 21st pay on the 11th of may how does that workjoewyan wrote:Ringer21 wrote:I done 8 hours overtime last week didn't receive a penny of it today in my payslip was told it was something to do with the pay deal I'll get it next week
No Saturday 21st you get on 4th May. Friday 27th and Saturday 28th paid on 11th.
That sounds a load of rubbish to me. It is only Saturdays hours that may have been affected due to PSP being closed down, the rest of the week was fine. If you have done any overtime this week then hours up to and including today will be paid next week, Friday and Saturday overtime will be paid on the 11th as the system is shut down to sort out the pay rise/back pay.