Is there a specific time to take your break on a morning? I decided to go for my 20 mins after about 30 mins of starting as I didn't feel too good. Manager going ape as his prep plan was 'affected'.
I told him I would carry on doing what I was supposed to do when I came back and it wouldn't make any difference as everyone else varies when they go.
I sent him over the edge when I suggested that technically, I could take the 20 minute break as soon as i came in. He wasn't having it though!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Morning Break.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Morning Break.
Your employer can tell you when to take your break.
As we have collective bargaining the timing of the break should be agreed between management and the union.
Technically you could take your break as soon as you walk in as long as your working day is under 6 hours. otherwise the meal relief cannot be scheduled at the start or end of the duty.
As we have collective bargaining the timing of the break should be agreed between management and the union.
Technically you could take your break as soon as you walk in as long as your working day is under 6 hours. otherwise the meal relief cannot be scheduled at the start or end of the duty.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Morning Break.
So,If your a FT on over 6 hours a day can they still tell you when to take your break?clashcityrocker wrote:Your employer can tell you when to take your break.
Technically you could take your break as soon as you walk in as long as your working day is under 6 hours. otherwise the meal relief cannot be scheduled at the start or end of the duty.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Morning Break.
So, if I am readin* this right. You drift off for a break while others are still prepping mail ?thecompletepackage wrote:Is there a specific time to take your break on a morning? I decided to go for my 20 mins after about 30 mins of starting as I didn't feel too good. Manager going ape as his prep plan was 'affected'.
I told him I would carry on doing what I was supposed to do when I came back and it wouldn't make any difference as everyone else varies when they go.
I sent him over the edge when I suggested that technically, I could take the 20 minute break as soon as i came in. He wasn't having it though!
If so, little wonder the manager is going ape s**t and if I were on prep still working and you were supposed to be on prep I would go ape s**t too. For example, you return from your - what appears to be an earlier break than others - , to go possibly directly onto your frame prep with your work done by others, prepped up mail and out the door before them.
Even although they still have that break time to come, the break would probably be scheduled for completion of all prep work. RM can instruct you when to have your break by the way!, 20 mins anyway, with you taking the remainder later, not near the start like you describe as you are under the weather. If unfit to continue work, inform the manager and go home sick would be my advice.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Morning Break.
The employer can always tell the employee when to take their break. It should be mutually agreed between management and union.Bahia Feliz wrote: So,If your a FT on over 6 hours a day can they still tell you when to take your break?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Morning Break.
clashcityrocker wrote:The employer can always tell the employee when to take their break. It should be mutually agreed between management and union.Bahia Feliz wrote: So,If your a FT on over 6 hours a day can they still tell you when to take your break?
Correct
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Morning Break.
BUT i did tell him I was going for a break because I was feeling iffy. And yes it was still early enough when I got back to carry on the IPS that others had left!!! When I 'drifted' off others were still prepping their own frames. The runners were long gone before me mate.tommyrep wrote:So, if I am readin* this right. You drift off for a break while others are still prepping mail ?thecompletepackage wrote:Is there a specific time to take your break on a morning? I decided to go for my 20 mins after about 30 mins of starting as I didn't feel too good. Manager going ape as his prep plan was 'affected'.
I told him I would carry on doing what I was supposed to do when I came back and it wouldn't make any difference as everyone else varies when they go.
I sent him over the edge when I suggested that technically, I could take the 20 minute break as soon as i came in. He wasn't having it though!
If so, little wonder the manager is going ape s**t and if I were on prep still working and you were supposed to be on prep I would go ape s**t too. For example, you return from your - what appears to be an earlier break than others - , to go possibly directly onto your frame prep with your work done by others, prepped up mail and out the door before them.
Even although they still have that break time to come, the break would probably be scheduled for completion of all prep work. RM can instruct you when to have your break by the way!, 20 mins anyway, with you taking the remainder later, not near the start like you describe as you are under the weather. If unfit to continue work, inform the manager and go home sick would be my advice.