ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm out!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Trolleyed
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

I'm out!

Post by Trolleyed »

After 3 and a bit years as a part time postie, yesterday I parked up my lwt for the last time. I will miss my colleagues and most aspects of the job but I must say I am also relieved to be out. No more walking 8 or 9 miles in the pouring rain with shoddy “storm” coats, no more aching knees and no more bs and double standards from the management.

I wish you guys and girls all the best for the future and hope that one day soon RM will wake up and treat you all with the respect and rewards that I know most of you deserve, instead of the constant penny-pinching to satisfy the shareholders.

See you on the flip side.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

I’m out!

Post by terry2972 »

What you doing now? All the best
Trolleyed
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

I’m out!

Post by Trolleyed »

We’re moving to a small farm so I’m aiming to be more or less self sufficient and also trying to start a storage business from the same premises.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

I’m out!

Post by aiden01 »

Trolleyed wrote:We’re moving to a small farm so I’m aiming to be more or less self sufficient and also trying to start a storage business from the same premises.
Good luck :thumbup
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

I’m out!

Post by robbertwhitton »

All the best my friend,after 36 years I’m knackered,it becomes a gutty slog,but we carry on,moaning all the way.
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

I’m out!

Post by borgpicard »

All the best chap.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

I’m out!

Post by glenfiddich »

All the best trolleyed :thumbup
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

I’m out!

Post by worktotime »

all the best and good luck.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

I'm out!

Post by Alexei »

Good luck Trolleyed. If things look to be going well, I'll take the highest paying position available, with the least amount of work/responsibility! :chuckle
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

I'm out!

Post by Brandy »

Good luck Dont blame you It was the best decision I made leaving and I am sure you wont regret it.I miss the other posties and the banter,but no way do I miss the bullying management,or the impossible targets they set.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

I’m out!

Post by malcolm3011 »

Trolleyed wrote:We’re moving to a small farm so I’m aiming to be more or less self sufficient and also trying to start a storage business from the same premises.
Good luck for the future, you will find it strange at first but look back and realise it is the best thing you have done :wave
leedsunited
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Aug 2017, 20:49
Gender: Male

I'm out!

Post by leedsunited »

Best of luck pal I wish I could pack it all in. Walking on average 12-13 miles a day & i'm bollocksed. My knees are f****d,double hernia,tennis elbow & varicose veins. I'm ready for the knackers yard. Do RM give a f..k ? Not really just a case of stop moaning & get on with it. If you don't like it you know where the door is. This after nearly 30 yrs service.
Dazsw
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 28
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 17:36
Gender: Male

I'm out!

Post by Dazsw »

Brilliant news bud.

Enjoy your new life.