I work Tuesday-sat I phoned in sick
On the Wednesday after Xmas effectively
I had a 4 day absence .
I have been told that I'm not entitled to my rest day
Back as it was a bank holiday .
If I had been off for the whole week I would understand
Anyone have any info to confirm or validate staff branches claimy
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rest days
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rest days
Sorry but its difficult to answer as your dates aren't very clear.
What days were you off sick, and when did you call in sick. The answer matters.
However, i'll give it a go. If Royal Mail classed you as sick on the day of the Bank Holidays then you are not entitled to a day back as you can't have 2 statutory entitlements for the same day (Sick and BH).
If you rostered day off was outside the sick period and fell on a public holiday you are entitled to a day in lieu as it was a bank holiday, but not because it was a "rest day".
What days were you off sick, and when did you call in sick. The answer matters.
However, i'll give it a go. If Royal Mail classed you as sick on the day of the Bank Holidays then you are not entitled to a day back as you can't have 2 statutory entitlements for the same day (Sick and BH).
If you rostered day off was outside the sick period and fell on a public holiday you are entitled to a day in lieu as it was a bank holiday, but not because it was a "rest day".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Grande hombre
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 07 Mar 2018, 09:38
- Gender: Male
Rest days
Ok here goes i work tues-sat full time.
I called in sick on the wednesday
After Boxing Day .
I had the wed/Thursday/fri/sat off
A 4 day absence.
I thought I should be entitled to my
rest day back as it was a bank holiday .
Staff branch said I’m not .
The union are looking at this for me
and agree they are wrong .
Staff branch are so stubborn that
it’s now at divisional level it’s so
Frustrating.
I’m looking for some paperwork
or agreement to back me up
If possible. We
I called in sick on the wednesday
After Boxing Day .
I had the wed/Thursday/fri/sat off
A 4 day absence.
I thought I should be entitled to my
rest day back as it was a bank holiday .
Staff branch said I’m not .
The union are looking at this for me
and agree they are wrong .
Staff branch are so stubborn that
it’s now at divisional level it’s so
Frustrating.
I’m looking for some paperwork
or agreement to back me up
If possible. We
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rest days
That's a bit clearer, I agree with the Union.
In fact we have loads and loads of threads on this partular issue https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwind ... 0wfBwh0AZo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bank and public holidays
In Royal Mail: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In fact we have loads and loads of threads on this partular issue https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwind ... 0wfBwh0AZo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bank and public holidays
In Royal Mail: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.