ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
Only me again. Just a couple of questions for you.
Ever since I started at RM, ive had a rotating day off so this week, I’m off today (Saturday) so should be off Monday too so i have a long weekend however it’s been changed to a Friday & I only know this as I asked someone to send me a copy of rota for next week. I’ve actually made plans now for Monday. Where do I stand with this ?
Also I have about 4 or 5 people below me in sonority and most of them are on the same walk every day but I’m more or less on a different walk every day. Am I in my right to discuss this or not ?? Thanks
Ever since I started at RM, ive had a rotating day off so this week, I’m off today (Saturday) so should be off Monday too so i have a long weekend however it’s been changed to a Friday & I only know this as I asked someone to send me a copy of rota for next week. I’ve actually made plans now for Monday. Where do I stand with this ?
Also I have about 4 or 5 people below me in sonority and most of them are on the same walk every day but I’m more or less on a different walk every day. Am I in my right to discuss this or not ?? Thanks
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
Did you and your manager agree you was off Monday? Did the manager notify you otherwise?
If not, I’d be taking my Monday off.
If not, I’d be taking my Monday off.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
I just cannot get my head round why certain posties are put on so many different rounds when others are mainly kept on the same ones,its nothing to do with seniority more like favouritism. Surely it would be easier to work a rota out if a reserve did a different round weekly,not a different one each day,and they would be able to get used to it much better as well. 
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
Nope the manager hasn’t discussed anything with me. I only know I’m off on Monday as I asked a colleague to send me copy of rotaSouth_London_Postie wrote:Did you and your manager agree you was off Monday? Did the manager notify you otherwise?
If not, I’d be taking my Monday off.
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
Unless your the duty holder there is not much you can do about itMissKazzyB wrote:I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
The annoying thing now is I’ve booked all my annual leave based on my rest days each week. I’ve booked my my summer holiday abroad & everthing.gary1975 wrote:Unless your the duty holder there is not much you can do about itMissKazzyB wrote:I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
I was on a fixed duty for three years but pending a re-sign I have been made a reserve.
My days off over the last few weeks have gone: Tue, Thu, Sat, Fri, Thu - next week I was down for Mon off but this was changed (yesterday) to Fri. All the time I am reserve I know I cannot guarantee when my days off will be. Its called life in Royal Mail, it stinks but that is how it is.
My days off over the last few weeks have gone: Tue, Thu, Sat, Fri, Thu - next week I was down for Mon off but this was changed (yesterday) to Fri. All the time I am reserve I know I cannot guarantee when my days off will be. Its called life in Royal Mail, it stinks but that is how it is.
Last edited by fb1969 on 10 Mar 2018, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.
They’ve changed it without letting you know
They’ve changed it without letting you know
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
If you have a rotating day off regardless of what duty your on then it must be a mistake on the sheet. If they have changed rota without letting you know it's their problem. Don't even mention it.
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
I didn’t even know there was a rota! 
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
They're not that organised are they?The Postman wrote:I didn’t even know there was a rota!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
This 100% just play dumb.Creditshampoo wrote:They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.
They’ve changed it without letting you know
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Here we go again !!! Arghhhh
Yep, rock on up Tuesday, swaying yer hips, whistling a tune and saying "who, me?"CPTNemoUK wrote:This 100% just play dumb.Creditshampoo wrote:They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.
They’ve changed it without letting you know
Then grab your rep and shut 'em up.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.