ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Variation of contract

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
janish
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 13:24
Gender: Male

Variation of contract

Post by janish »

I’ve just received my variation of contract it says temporary full time move from part time. I’m opg grade My question is how long after can this move be a permanent eg 6 months 1 year 2 years given me doing this new duty continuously
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Variation of contract

Post by yubin282 »

I think its 2 years but i might be wrong. I just scribbled out the temporary part, signed it and sent it back.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Variation of contract

Post by rehabron »

janish wrote:I’ve just received my variation of contract it says temporary full time move from part time. I’m opg grade My question is how long after can this move be a permanent eg 6 months 1 year 2 years given me doing this new duty continuously
You have a " TEMPORARY" F/T contract and that is the nuts and bolts of your contract. As "1cook 282" states after a perios of 2 years your contract can no longer remain temporary. This duty that you are currently on will have to be advertsied eventually when the vacant duties in your office reaches 5% or duty has been vacant for a 6 month period then will be open to others in senioity order.
janish
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 13:24
Gender: Male

Variation of contract

Post by janish »

The job was advertised though. I mean the job was advertised on board as temporary job . I applied and I got the job obviously based on seniority . Now if I were to stay on this job for 2 years will it become permanently mine ?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Variation of contract

Post by rehabron »

janish wrote:The job was advertised though. I mean the job was advertised on board as temporary job . I applied and I got the job obviously based on seniority . Now if I were to stay on this job for 2 years will it become permanently mine ?
With all due respect you got the job because others would not want to apply for a duty that is temporary and can be withdrawn at the whim of manager.
In theory if you were to remain on the content of this duty for a period of 2 years then there is every chance the duty could become permanaently yours unless contributors to this site give a different opinion.