ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Resignation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
K1306
Posts: 3
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 09:37
Gender: Male

Resignation

Post by K1306 »

Hi guys,

I am wondering what the formal procedure is to hand in my resignation. Do I have to email Human Resources or should I just let the manager that is on duty know?

Also how long is the notice period? In my contract it says four weeks but I haven’t passed probation yet (I started November 2017). I wasn’t sure whether that would affect the notice period.

Cheers guys ☺️
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Resignation

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Notice should be given to your manager and it can be written or verbal. You have to give the contractual notice which is 4 weeks for you, but Royal Mail can waive that if you both agree.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Resignation

Post by maisymoo04 »

is it just me or does every one in your workplace all talking about wish could leave or hate it in here or any evrs coming up that's how horrible the job is now :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Resignation

Post by Celgar »

maisymoo04 wrote:is it just me or does every one in your workplace all talking about wish could leave or hate it in here or any evrs coming up that's how horrible the job is now :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
Morale in RM has been at rock bottom for as long as I can remember. But we are all really stubborn so we generally stick with the job.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Resignation

Post by hans solo »

offer me vr and i will be off tmrrw
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Resignation

Post by Seymour Buts »

maisymoo04 wrote:is it just me or does every one in your workplace all talking about wish could leave or hate it in here or any evrs coming up that's how horrible the job is now :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
No, to be honest. The relatively small staff turnover suggests otherwise too. I like this job; it's easy once you're away from the office.
stroller
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

Resignation

Post by stroller »

The thing about VR is a lot of people talk about it all the time wishing it was offered, but when it comes to the nitty gritty of being offered to them, they turn it down and bottle it.

I have worked with so many time wasters who put in for it time after time only to decline it, I am afraid talk is cheap