ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nicky9177
Posts: 21
Joined: 13 Apr 2017, 15:07
Gender: Female

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by Nicky9177 »

Hi could any one point me in the right direction on how to appeal a stage 2 warning I’ve asked mangment and got no answers :)
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by Sir Henry »

The received wisdom is that there is no appealing stage one or two stage warnings. Go see your rep and don't waste your breath asking the screws, they're paid liars.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by Creditshampoo »

Don’t even bother asking the union they’ll just shrug and say if it’s not right then you’ll be ok a stage 3....dm me
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by k979aaa »

Sir Henry wrote:The received wisdom is that there is no appealing stage one or two stage warnings. Go see your rep and don't waste your breath asking the screws, they're paid liars.
This is WHY you go with your rep if you have one as the facts cannot be manipulated by bullshit words of management speak and the note's of the meeting that will go to your stage three and employment tribunal will be correct and not a feat a compile by management!
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by Destiny »

Equality and/or misapplication of procedure?
beerhamilton
Posts: 10
Joined: 11 May 2011, 18:31
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by beerhamilton »

Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by aiden01 »

beerhamilton wrote:Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
Do grievances ever go anywhere except in bin.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by Creditshampoo »

aiden01 wrote:
beerhamilton wrote:Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
Do grievances ever go anywhere except in bin.
As from the 22nd they go into PSP, managers get prompts and are automatically escalated up so they’re dealt with
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by aiden01 »

Creditshampoo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
beerhamilton wrote:Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
Do grievances ever go anywhere except in bin.
As from the 22nd they go into PSP, managers get prompts and are automatically escalated up so they’re dealt with
yeah and tooth fairies are still alive :hmmmm
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by rehabron »

Nicky9177 wrote:Hi could any one point me in the right direction on how to appeal a stage 2 warning I’ve asked mangment and got no answers :)
There is no appeal at stage 2 level. The appeal stage only kicks in if you unfortunately progress to a stage 3 warning where there is consideration of dismissal.
At the appeal you will be given the oportunity to discuss all the stages that led to the stage 3 and if you feel that you have been wronged at the stage 2 then this will come to light by the appeals manager. The appeals manager who works independanly has the authority to uphold, reduce or revoke the decision.
Should it go to a stage 3 ensure that you have all the paperwork for all the relevant stages such as time elements for welcome back meertings, fact finding notes , absence history, and decision letters.
Nicky9177
Posts: 21
Joined: 13 Apr 2017, 15:07
Gender: Female

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by Nicky9177 »

I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nicky9177 wrote:I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
You can get a grievance form from management. As you aren't a member of the CWU, the rep can't help you in an official capacity. There are also grievance forms on here you could print them off. However, without the Union helping you I think the chances of a successful grievance, or RM sticking to the timetables, would be very slim.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by Creditshampoo »

Just join the blooming union! Free legal advice from a great company, will sort all your problems
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by General Mannerheim »

Nicky9177 wrote:I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
You don't need a grievance form.
All you need is a letter headed with formal grievance on the top.
As for needing to be in the the union to deal with a grievance that is bullshit .It is a contractual right to have your grievance heard and within the proper timeframes otherwise you could take them to a tribunal for breach of contract.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Appealing a stage 2 warning

Post by k979aaa »

General Mannerheim wrote:
Nicky9177 wrote:I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
You don't need a grievance form.
All you need is a letter headed with formal grievance on the top.
As for needing to be in the the union to deal with a grievance that is bullshit .It is a contractual right to have your grievance heard and within the proper timeframes otherwise you could take them to a tribunal for breach of contract.
Correct but it would be easier if he was in the CWU and with a good REP!