I will soon have been at RM for 30 years. Does anyone know how they acknowledge this milestone ( some might say millstone! ), or do they not bother these days?
£100 on vouchers etc and a black RM pin badge you can get off Ebay for £2 anyway. ENJOY ! Up to you if you want the insincere speech and clammy handshake from the DIM as the rest of the staff look pitifully at you. I asked the LM to chuck it on my fitting when no one was about.
Dont forget the all important super-duper RM lapel badge you can wear proudly when not in uniform
expense is no object after thirty long years to this mob
Some of the good old veterans in our office who have taken EVR have purposely used the "farewell speech" to tell everyone exactly what they think of how office is run these days.Nothiing to hide anymore, , and the look on the DOM's face ( when they can be bother to attend ) absolutely priceless!
I passed 30 years a while ago,got a letter of thanks, a catalogue &was told I could have up to £150 to spend on items in it also got a Sunday lunch invitation at a local hotel
BAILEY21 wrote:I passed 30 years a while ago,got a letter of thanks, a catalogue &was told I could have up to £150 to spend on items in it also got a Sunday lunch invitation at a local hotel
That was probably before we were privatised! It'll be down to £50 in a couple of years i bet.