Evening All.
I have got a 3 day training course to do in a few weeks and need a bit of advice.
the course is in London with a 9am start and I will be travelling by car each day.
it will take me approx 90 mins to get to the course and it finishes at 17:00 each day, so another 90 mins return ( traffic permitting )
so do my daily hours start at 07:30 and finish at 18:30ish or 9am to 17:00? have been having a discussion with my DOM about it and I believe I am right but just need to make sure I am.
also, travel expences, I know I get a certain amount per mile but I will be taking another person with me, do I also get an allowance for their travel as well? and maybe a sustenance allowance?
Thanks :)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Training Course
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Training Course
But if you chose not to use your car surely Royal Mail would pay your train fare
and a couple of nights in a hotel. 
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Training Course
sadly due to childcare commitments and my wife works nights I can't do that.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Training Course
You should be paid from you leave your house or DO and until you return, so from 7.30 till 18.30 and yes you claim for passenger.
I have done similar and got it sorted. But as stated if possible you could use train/bus and claim fare.
I have done similar and got it sorted. But as stated if possible you could use train/bus and claim fare.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Training Course
why should you get an allowance for ???

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Training Course
when on Official union business I get a sustenance payment if the day runs over 6 hours, so just wondered if RM do the same thing.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no