ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'yes we scan'

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hammer59
Posts: 33
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by Hammer59 »

Has anybody had any success in trying to manually input a 2d bar-code? I've tried several times, putting in the spaces and dashes leaving them out. I have never succeeded .
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by yellowbelly »

Hammer59 wrote:Has anybody had any success in trying to manually input a 2d bar-code? I've tried several times, putting in the spaces and dashes leaving them out. I have never succeeded .
Yes, but only in exceptional circumstances (takes too flipping long) and I've never put in the dashes or spaces.
PostmanTwat
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Nov 2017, 20:07
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by PostmanTwat »

Nope. I don't bother trying now. Tried a couple of times, with no success.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by robbertwhitton »

No I simply dont have the time or incentive to do such a thing,I point I press I scan,it has two choices it scans or it doesn’t,these scanners aren’t the best despite all the hype,there too sensitive and have too much on them for what we want,they rarely take a signature,and I can’t be arsed to get into the why it will or won’t it’s not for me,
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by worktotime »

I'm the same if it doesn't scan then tough as I don't have time to stand and write them down or try to input in to pdas , if the company was that bothered about ever scan , why don't they put the same as the recorded and specials so if it doesn't scan just peel the sticker off ? its not rocket science :crazy:
blakeyboy
Posts: 104
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by blakeyboy »

You don’t put the dashes In just type in the letters and numbers ignoring the dashes.
ripio
Posts: 233
Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by ripio »

Yes, I've often manually entered the 2d code, just the numbers and letters, no spaces or dashes, always works for me.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

'yes we scan'

Post by korky »

i didn't even have a pda today, none left!
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by Seymour Buts »

Works fine for me.
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by woody38 »

korky wrote:i didn't even have a pda today, none left!
Take the battery out of the pda, but the battery in the charger take the pda home
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

'yes we scan'

Post by Angwyn »

I've done it a few times, no spaces dashes etc works fine.
But if it won't scan then it's likely not to have scanned at the main distribution centre either so won't be included in your offices statistics :wink:
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by ted_e_bear »

Don't bother with spaces or dashes but just remember they don't use the letter O it's a zero.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

'yes we scan'

Post by redneck »

Laughable piece of 'information' again from the company. On the ground as we know most managers are primarily focused on how much time you are claiming, not standards of our work, which is further added to if you scan every item. Then some Far Eastern item that will go through the letterbox comes with a signature required. Add a few more minutes. The printed rhetoric from these departments bears no similarity to the office rhetoric.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

'yes we scan'

Post by GT85 »

If you manually input a Signed For 2d barcode it no longer requires a signature it's just delivered yes or no :crazy:
We're all here because we're not all there
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

'yes we scan'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

GT85 wrote:If you manually input a Signed For 2d barcode it no longer requires a signature it's just delivered yes or no :crazy:

Yes it has to be as the PDA won't bring up a signature screen. But you could use a EPod Card
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.