ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hernia operation in 2 weeks
-
Deet
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Jul 2014, 20:52
- Gender: Male
Hernia operation in 2 weeks
Can anyone clear up a query I have. I found out today that I am scheduled for hernia surgery on the 2nd November. I believe I will be given a sick note for at least 3 weeks on leaving hospital. I have a weeks annual leave booked for the week after the operation, when I will be on sick leave. Will I get this week back?. Cheers for any advice.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Hernia operation in 2 weeks
I was off with a hernia operation a couple of years ago and I had a week off while I was off sick. Has long the sick note clashes with your week you will get it back I got mine back. Also don't rush back you could do yourself some damage. I had 4 weeks off and 6 weeks light duties just take it easy. Good luckDeet wrote:Can anyone clear up a query I have. I found out today that I am scheduled for hernia surgery on the 2nd November. I believe I will be given a sick note for at least 3 weeks on leaving hospital. I have a weeks annual leave booked for the week after the operation, when I will be on sick leave. Will I get this week back?. Cheers for any advice.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Hernia operation in 2 weeks
Yes - you can't be on annual leave and sick leave at the same time.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Hernia operation in 2 weeks
Yes you get the week back, you need to tell your manager about it though as they have to manually change it. They have a habit of “forgetting” then you get into an argument about it. Hope the op goes well and whatever you do DO NOT rush back to work. It will be 6-8 weeks before you should be back on normal duties at the least.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Hernia operation in 2 weeks
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes - you can't be on annual leave and sick leave at the same time.
Quite right.
-
Deet
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Jul 2014, 20:52
- Gender: Male
Hernia operation in 2 weeks
Thanks for all your help. I'm going to give the manager the good news tomorrow! 