ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trying a neighbour???
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Trying a neighbour???
Was out on delivery yesterday delivering to posh street with massive houses all spaced apart on a hill. Left a docket for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked). Half an hour later this old bag comes to find me waving her docket saying ‘this is ridiculous! I’ve only been out for half an hour, all my neighbours are at home!’. I say excuse me madam, if you can wait for ten minutes by the van I will get your packet for you.
Got back to the van and she’s fuming. ‘It says on here that a neighbour could have taken it in!!!! It’s Saturday and all my neighbours are home!!!! This is ludicrous! There are cars on all the drives! I’m sorry Madam I say, we are very busy today and if we went knocking on every door to find a neighbour our delivery would take a lot longer. I bet she’s going to complain. Any advice????
Got back to the van and she’s fuming. ‘It says on here that a neighbour could have taken it in!!!! It’s Saturday and all my neighbours are home!!!! This is ludicrous! There are cars on all the drives! I’m sorry Madam I say, we are very busy today and if we went knocking on every door to find a neighbour our delivery would take a lot longer. I bet she’s going to complain. Any advice????
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
She's all bluster. If anyone has a beef with me I explain my situation and then give them the office number and manager's name if they want to complain. No-one ever has.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
If a manager says anything shrug it off nothing to worry about. Or better still “you want me to try a neighbour for every packet on a Saturday? Ok, but I’ll be doing it everyday then and will not hesitate to bring mail back”
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
Not got enough time to run aroud looking for neighbours, not in, it goes back.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Trying a neighbour???
I've never tried or left anything with a neighbor even if they come out & offer to take it in it goes back, teach them a lesson for not being in.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Trying a neighbour???
I had one a few months ago complain to the offfice that I tried to deliver a parcel too them but they were out, the actual complaint was that I hadn't tried neighbours,
How would they know? THEY WERE OUT
How would they know? THEY WERE OUT
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Trying a neighbour???
Thanks for your replies. I'll be prepared on Wednesday when I go back in! She was such a snotty cow though. I hate people with attitudes like that.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Trying a neighbour???
Probably all her neighbours are too as they do not answer the door when you knocked by you she sounds like a neighbour from hell!peshwaarinaan wrote:Thanks for your replies. I'll be prepared on Wednesday when I go back in! She was such a snotty cow though. I hate people with attitudes like that.
-
thekiddykid
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Trying a neighbour???
If they think I am knocking a neighbours door early on a Saturday morning they can go and whistle. Some mad man threatened to separate my head from the rest of my body the last time I did that!!!! .it was nearly 10 oclock too not half 8. Take em backpeshwaarinaan wrote:Was out on delivery yesterday delivering to posh street with massive houses all spaced apart on a hill. Left a docketfor a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked). Half an hour later this old bag comes to find me waving her docket saying ‘this is ridiculous! I’ve only been out for half an hour, all my neighbours are at home!’. I say excuse me madam, if you can wait for ten minutes by the van I will get your packet for you.
Got back to the van and she’s fuming. ‘It says on here that a neighbour could have taken it in!!!! It’s Saturday and all my neighbours are home!!!! This is ludicrous! There are cars on all the drives! I’m sorry Madam I say, we are very busy today and if we went knocking on every door to find a neighbour our delivery would take a lot longer. I bet she’s going to complain. Any advice????
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
she should be done for harassment. if she does it again report her.
-
simonj12
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 21:16
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
Or you get asked to go back and collect from the neighbour and redeliver to the original address because they've fallen out 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
Just make sure if you have a parcel for one her neighbours and they ain't in. Make sure you knock on her house and see if she will take it 
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
How's she gonna prove you didn't try a neighbour?
Tell her to jog on.
Tell her to jog on.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Trying a neighbour???
So you would have left a packet in an unsecured porch which is a breach of the mail integrity but you didn't try a neighbour which is now standard operating procedure?peshwaarinaan wrote: Left a docket for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked).
I can't wait until we all start doing the job properly.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Trying a neighbour???
Try a neighbour, only if you feel it's safe to do so!clashcityrocker wrote:So you would have left a packet in an unsecured porch which is a breach of the mail integrity but you didn't try a neighbour which is now standard operating procedure?peshwaarinaan wrote: Left a docket for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked).
I can't wait until we all start doing the job properly.