ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Non signed for duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Non signed for duty

Post by frankieboy »

I'll try and explain as best I can, I've been on the same duty now for the last 8 years but not signed for it. I'm p/t 30 hrs a week but I've heard that they want to add 2 hours a day onto the duty making it 6 hours a day plus 2 extra elsewhere. Point 1, if I don't want to work an extra 2 hours a day can they just move me to another walk. Point 2, if I do accept then surely I should be made up to a full time contract but have been told this won't happen. You don't see any other companies offering full time hours but you'll only get part time benefits(i.e. Holidays,etc) do you?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Non signed for duty

Post by Creditshampoo »

1. Yes they can move you.
2. The duty will be put up on the board and be offered to the most senior member of staff.

Put a grievance in, follow the procedure upgradebto stage 2 after a week then contact ACAS