ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Suffering with pain caused by calcanneal heel spur. GP has booked me in for cortisone injection in heel, but not under x-Ray.
From what I've read they are a bit hit or miss and I don't want to put myself through the trauma of an injection in my heel if it's not going to help.
Anyone????????
From what I've read they are a bit hit or miss and I don't want to put myself through the trauma of an injection in my heel if it's not going to help.
Anyone????????
-
donein
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
- Location: north devon
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
peshwaarinaan wrote:Suffering with pain caused by calcanneal heel spur. GP has booked me in for cortisone injection in heel, but not under x-Ray.
From what I've read they are a bit hit or miss and I don't want to put myself through the trauma of an injection in my heel if it's not going to help.
Anyone????????
Bud the injections don,t last 2 weeks in my experience your better off with orthopedic insoles made to measure just my thoughts you understand
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Thank you.donein wrote:peshwaarinaan wrote:Suffering with pain caused by calcanneal heel spur. GP has booked me in for cortisone injection in heel, but not under x-Ray.
From what I've read they are a bit hit or miss and I don't want to put myself through the trauma of an injection in my heel if it's not going to help.
Anyone????????
Bud the injections don,t last 2 weeks in my experience your better off with orthopedic insoles made to measure just my thoughts you understand
-
CLINTEASTWOOD
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Hi
I have to say I had it done as a last resort about 3 years ago because i just couldn't stick the pain any longer.Its not very nice to go through but after a day or so all the pain had gone.Best thing i ever did,but my be i was lucky.GOOD LUCK
I have to say I had it done as a last resort about 3 years ago because i just couldn't stick the pain any longer.Its not very nice to go through but after a day or so all the pain had gone.Best thing i ever did,but my be i was lucky.GOOD LUCK
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Got them on my shoulder short term fix took me 2 years of moaning to get an op on my shoulder 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
There's no need to be snotty. I just wanted to know if anyone else had found them helpful or not.Postie45 wrote:taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......
-
Ghanshyambhai
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 17:45
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
I had similar problem of heel spur and it appeared like bone growth in both heels. Got blood report for vitamin D and found it too low. Started heavy dose supplement and it gone away completely while shoes and insole remained same.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Postie45 wrote:taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......
Hardly irrelevant given the nature of the job and the likelihood that many on here have possibly had the same problem is it?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Delbhoy
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 05 May 2013, 23:10
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Had a course of 3 in my heel must admit it worked in relieving the pain but not a cure according to the doc.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
i stand by it being best advice, whether you take it as snotty or notpeshwaarinaan wrote:There's no need to be snotty. I just wanted to know if anyone else had found them helpful or not.Postie45 wrote:taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
and they say this job is easy..!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Probably get better advice on here than your doc can givePostie45 wrote:i stand by it being best advice, whether you take it as snotty or notpeshwaarinaan wrote:There's no need to be snotty. I just wanted to know if anyone else had found them helpful or not.Postie45 wrote:taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
If you’re unsure, ask your DOM. They seem to be more qualified in medical matters than GPs!!!
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Dr DOM will see you nowDarwinsdad wrote:If you’re unsure, ask your DOM. They seem to be more qualified in medical matters than GPs!!!