ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
I agree with all RM's proposals bar 1.
I think the pay increase is reasonable considering the current economic climate.
I think the DC scheme is reasonable (And so do the union as they were/are quite happy to see anyone after 2008 on it)
I think that historical payments should be stopped. You have an office where one guy to the next could be doing the exact same job but one of them is being paid more for what really is no good reason anymore.
I think changes in the pipeline will have to happen if we want to stay competitive in this industry. Our big customers want to be able to offer next day delivery on orders placed as late as possible. Wether the customer is there to collect it is here nor there. Doesn't matter to them. They want it dispatched asap.
Working 9-5 is not the end of the world. Most of the UK workforce works this way and they haven't collapsed from exhaustion, turned to dust or into gremlins any second past 3pm.
The world changes and so must we. Thats life.
The one thing I cant abide by though is new entrants being offered different T&C's. They divided the workforce back in 2008 with the pensions and low and behold they are coming for your pension now. It's fairly obvious if they divide the workforce this way now then down the road they will come for you.
Discuss.
I think the pay increase is reasonable considering the current economic climate.
I think the DC scheme is reasonable (And so do the union as they were/are quite happy to see anyone after 2008 on it)
I think that historical payments should be stopped. You have an office where one guy to the next could be doing the exact same job but one of them is being paid more for what really is no good reason anymore.
I think changes in the pipeline will have to happen if we want to stay competitive in this industry. Our big customers want to be able to offer next day delivery on orders placed as late as possible. Wether the customer is there to collect it is here nor there. Doesn't matter to them. They want it dispatched asap.
Working 9-5 is not the end of the world. Most of the UK workforce works this way and they haven't collapsed from exhaustion, turned to dust or into gremlins any second past 3pm.
The world changes and so must we. Thats life.
The one thing I cant abide by though is new entrants being offered different T&C's. They divided the workforce back in 2008 with the pensions and low and behold they are coming for your pension now. It's fairly obvious if they divide the workforce this way now then down the road they will come for you.
Discuss.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
-
bowie
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
I think you voted no,one out all out
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
Jesus. If this is the level of discussion then no wonder the talks are getting nowhere. FYI, if we read the entire thing then you may come to the correct conclusion that I voted yes.
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
Are you sure as managers can't vote in this
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
Good for you but you have the opposite opinion of every postie in my office and I think most offices across the country .
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
I think you may be in for a shock. I really don't. Allot of people play lip service to there colleagues out of fear of reprisal. RM staff can be quite militant at times. People may strike, but I wouldn't hold out for it being prolonged,chickenwittle wrote:Good for you but you have the opposite opinion of every postie in my office and I think most offices across the country .
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
Most people working 9-5 do just that, 9-5.
I can only speak about my office but absolutely no one finishes on time unless they cut off.
These are deliveries that are on average 5 hours plus and a lot approaching 6 these days.
So 9-5 doesn't mean that for most, it means 9-6 or 7 and what about Saturdays ?, if you've not got a duty how likely are you ever going to get a Saturday off ?.
I can only speak about my office but absolutely no one finishes on time unless they cut off.
These are deliveries that are on average 5 hours plus and a lot approaching 6 these days.
So 9-5 doesn't mean that for most, it means 9-6 or 7 and what about Saturdays ?, if you've not got a duty how likely are you ever going to get a Saturday off ?.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
I mean, thats on them. Grow a pair and CUT. OFF!Pidleypoo wrote:Most people working 9-5 do just that, 9-5.
I can only speak about my office but absolutely no one finishes on time unless they cut off.
These are deliveries that are on average 5 hours plus and a lot approaching 6 these days.
So 9-5 doesn't mean that for most, it means 9-6 or 7 and what about Saturdays ?, if you've not got a duty how likely are you ever going to get a Saturday off ?.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
A prolonged strike is in no ones interest especially royal mails leading up to xmas , it will be a big yes vote which our union needs to resolve these issues .
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
You do realise a big yes vote doesn't mean we have won anything. That will just be the start of it. It will then become who is willing to blink first. RM management know that people cant afford to keep it up. I think allot of people have severely overstated the unions and our hand in this.chickenwittle wrote:A prolonged strike is in no ones interest especially royal mails leading up to xmas , it will be a big yes vote which our union needs to resolve these issues .
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
I do personally but it doesn't change the fact that they've got unrealistic workloads.UrbanPirate wrote:I mean, thats on them. Grow a pair and CUT. OFF!Pidleypoo wrote:Most people working 9-5 do just that, 9-5.
I can only speak about my office but absolutely no one finishes on time unless they cut off.
These are deliveries that are on average 5 hours plus and a lot approaching 6 these days.
So 9-5 doesn't mean that for most, it means 9-6 or 7 and what about Saturdays ?, if you've not got a duty how likely are you ever going to get a Saturday off ?.
And 9-5 means that far more will cut off leaving mail undelivered but also a huge amount of added bullying and harassment.
My point is that you cannot compare 9-5 i other jobs to ours, because how much mail would be undelivered without people doing overtime? And how many contracts would we lose because we couldn't deliver all the mail we have.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
You do realise a massive yes vote gives our union the backing it vitally needs from its members to negotiate the kind of deal we all want and deserve .
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
Yes they do have unrealistic workloads, yes more people will cut off. This will then in turn help management realise that perhaps they could do with a few more staff. As for bullying and harassment, there are procedures in place to make formal complaints. Speak to the union rep.Pidleypoo wrote:I do personally but it doesn't change the fact that they've got unrealistic workloads.UrbanPirate wrote:I mean, thats on them. Grow a pair and CUT. OFF!Pidleypoo wrote:Most people working 9-5 do just that, 9-5.
I can only speak about my office but absolutely no one finishes on time unless they cut off.
These are deliveries that are on average 5 hours plus and a lot approaching 6 these days.
So 9-5 doesn't mean that for most, it means 9-6 or 7 and what about Saturdays ?, if you've not got a duty how likely are you ever going to get a Saturday off ?.
And 9-5 means that far more will cut off leaving mail undelivered but also a huge amount of added bullying and harassment.
My point is that you cannot compare 9-5 i other jobs to ours, because how much mail would be undelivered without people doing overtime? And how many contracts would we lose because we couldn't deliver all the mail we have.
Also, these other 9-5 jobs do have pressures on them also. Ours isnt the hardest job in the world, all be it not the easiest either. Its not our job to worry about mail being undelivered due to staffing levels, OT and cut offs. You have a set amount of hours. Stick to them. They can worry about the rest .
Unfortunately changing pipeline will be a core strategic interest for RM to actually accrue NEW customers.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
I agree with all of RM's proposals bar 1
RM already know the union have the backing of the staff and that the proposals are unpopular. A massive yes vote will deliver nothing to the management they do not already know. But yet here we are. We are being played.chickenwittle wrote:You do realise a massive yes vote gives our union the backing it vitally needs from its members to negotiate the kind of deal we all want and deserve .
I think you seem to think this massive yes vote is going to be the magic pill the union need to break management. Sorry to break it you, its not.