ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Attendance review 1 - no stage?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tragictramp
Posts: 381
Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 18:02
Gender: Male

Attendance review 1 - no stage?

Post by tragictramp »

I have arthritis and recently had to take 3 weeks off the same problem had caused me to have time off several years ago in which royal mail paid for intense physiotherapy. I recently had an attendance review 1, which I assumed would trigger a stage warning, this was not issued due to the fact that arthritis is covered under the dda act and out of my control which I was very surprised with.

Does this mean that my record is now clean for the previous 12 months absence, or can they still use the absences if I was to trigger another attendance review?

I'm currently on light duties (supposed) for 2 weeks but don't feel that I will be able to do a full delivery from then onwards, and the current dom seems to think the future could possible be ihr if I cannot do a full delivery or he cannot find alternative work in the business.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Attendance review 1 - no stage?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

They can still use the absences, but to do so they must inform you first. That usually only happens if the number of absences becomes a problem.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.