Hi,
I have requested to purchase extra annual leave, I was wondering is it 6 weeks plus 8 bank holidays or is the 6weeks inclusive of the bank holidays?
Thanks in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
I've purchased Annual leave for last 2 years, so I get 30 days to pick, plus the bank holidays & any lieu days. Not sure if the money taken out your wages every week covers the extra 7.5 days off?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
Sorry for the high jack but when is the cut off for purchasing
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
think its got to be set up by end of February to start in AprilCreditshampoo wrote:Sorry for the high jack but when is the cut off for purchasing
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
You buy 6 days so it's 30 days plus bank holidays.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
St1983
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 21:12
- Gender: Female
Annual leave
Thanks for the answers.
So I asked the manager about annual leave today and he informed that allocation would be based on seniority so basically that leaves me at the bottom of the pile? What is my next step to address this problem?
So I asked the manager about annual leave today and he informed that allocation would be based on seniority so basically that leaves me at the bottom of the pile? What is my next step to address this problem?
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
Unfortunately there is no where to go, apart from Local Jobcentre. Royal Mail management system seem to be ineffective in organising a fair holiday structure, for everyone (or anyone).St1983 wrote:Thanks for the answers.
So I asked the manager about annual leave today and he informed that allocation would be based on seniority so basically that leaves me at the bottom of the pile? What is my next step to address this problem?
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
Your manager is not allowed to allocate leave based on seniority , put a grievance inSt1983 wrote:Thanks for the answers.
So I asked the manager about annual leave today and he informed that allocation would be based on seniority so basically that leaves me at the bottom of the pile? What is my next step to address this problem?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
This is true. Also demand your Rep sort it out if not go to the branch needs a disagreement put in over thisP13 wrote:Your manager is not allowed to allocate leave based on seniority , put a grievance inSt1983 wrote:Thanks for the answers.
So I asked the manager about annual leave today and he informed that allocation would be based on seniority so basically that leaves me at the bottom of the pile? What is my next step to address this problem?
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
Tried explaining to missus how annual leave works in our office. She said NO companies would ever do it that way. Thinks I'm lying. She thinks you book a holiday and then put in for leave. If only.