ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Carrying bags
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Carrying bags
I know most don't read the courier but I always read the letters page. I like to see responses to 'real' situations. There is the odd plant put in there but on the whole I find the letters useful.
Anyway someone mentioned having back pain through carrying all the weight of a bag on one side. I was expecting the response to be along the lines of "you should be using a lwt and not carrying bags......"
But I was surprised to read that the response was that there is a cross over satchel that can be ordered which distributes the weight more evenly.
My office has recently gone through a revision too and the planners have planned a lot of the loops as smaller loops with no mention of lwts. So I'm just wondering has there been a change here in regards to lwts?
Anyway someone mentioned having back pain through carrying all the weight of a bag on one side. I was expecting the response to be along the lines of "you should be using a lwt and not carrying bags......"
But I was surprised to read that the response was that there is a cross over satchel that can be ordered which distributes the weight more evenly.
My office has recently gone through a revision too and the planners have planned a lot of the loops as smaller loops with no mention of lwts. So I'm just wondering has there been a change here in regards to lwts?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Carrying bags
Forgive me for my ignorance whats lwt & lwts?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Carrying bags
mattycash wrote:Forgive me for my ignorance whats lwt & lwts?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Carrying bags
Crikey,is that what they look like unfurled, I've never seen that before,the ones I see are all folded up and either dumped in the yard ,or in the back of vans,never to see the light of day again.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:mattycash wrote:Forgive me for my ignorance whats lwt & lwts?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Carrying bags
I think they mean where the specified method of delivery is with bags. Some areas aren't suitable for a trolley. I have a couple of loops where a trolley cannot be used (no paths, steep hill etc) and for these loops there is a satchel available.kingeric wrote:
But I was surprised to read that the response was that there is a cross over satchel that can be ordered which distributes the weight more evenly.
Most loops should be done from van or with a trolley, as specified during the revision.
This could have changed recently of course, or it could be the planners and managers just doing as they please.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Carrying bags
If you need to carry a pouch to deliver to some addresses, such as a block of flats, the pouch of mail should not weigh more than 5Kg (if I recall correctly).
But in theory, if all addresses are at ground level, we should be pushing the LWT/HCTs around (if leaving them unattended but in sight, they don't need to be locked to an immovable object).
But in theory, if all addresses are at ground level, we should be pushing the LWT/HCTs around (if leaving them unattended but in sight, they don't need to be locked to an immovable object).
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Carrying bags
Still no clearer does anyone actually know what these letters stand for? LWT & HCT 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Carrying bags
Light Weight Trolley
High Capacity Trolley
High Capacity Trolley
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Carrying bags
Thank you clashcityrocker, thats all it took TrueBlueTerrier.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Carrying bags
mattycash wrote:Thank you clashcityrocker, thats all it took TrueBlueTerrier.
Well, i am sorry if I offended you by posting a picture of an lwt.
i have answered this question numerous times and added them to our glossary of terms. http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 56&t=68169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; a simple search would have got you the answer quicker.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Carrying bags
Clashcityrocker - now I can't get the song out of my head !
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Carrying bags
Saucer of milk table 2. Miaow!mattycash wrote:Thank you clashcityrocker, thats all it took TrueBlueTerrier.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Carrying bags
The round I do has hardly any roads and only pebbles as they are on the beach , can only use bags
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Carrying bags
Surfboard this item can be ordered by your friendly RM manager but stock is low due to overseas exports to Australia!eastie wrote:The round I do has hardly any roads and only pebbles as they are on the beach , can only use bags