ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Notice period on a bank holiday week

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2214MN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
Gender: Male

Notice period on a bank holiday week

Post by 2214MN »

Looking to hand my notice and finish on Friday the 1st. I'm on annual leave the week before but the week ending the 1st begins with a bank holiday would this affect my notice period of a week?
tone123
Posts: 44
Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 12:09
Gender: Male

Notice period on a bank holiday week

Post by tone123 »

Hi. No, it doesn't make any difference. You are requested to give a minimum of x weeks notice of the date on which you chose to leave. It's irrelevant that it includes a bank holiday.
I can anticipate that they may try to bullshit you over this. if you are in any doubt and don't want to cause an issue just give a couple of extra days notice
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Notice period on a bank holiday week

Post by Ricardo44 »

If I was you I would hand your notice in on friday 18th in writing to your dom (doms don't usually work saturdays) then you are covered.

You might need to call in at the office to sign something and hand in your uniform and I'd card just to tie up the loose ends.