Hi all, I have a interview for a DOM support job on Friday and just wondered if anyone has had one before and what sort of questions will be asked?
Also there are also other interviews taking place for this job tomorrow and there is a different person sitting on those with the DOM than I will have Friday, is this ok? Should be concerned?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DOM support job
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
DOM support job
I'm sure TBT will provide some links for you, to previous posts. This question occurs on a regular basis. I'm sure you'll get the usual flak but IMO (for what it's worth) I think it's a poor choice. You'll get a hell of a lot of work for very little reward. You'd probably get more job security, and protection, as a Postie. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
catch22
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
- Gender: Male
DOM support job
I am currently dom support and training deputy manager.
The pay is the same as posties. With additional leaders allowance if left to cover delivery office manager. yes you do have more responsibility. It is a skilled job. And depending on the size of the office your responsibility's will vary. I run the callers office, support the posties and support the delivery office manager, as well as using my own initiative to teach myself and others.
To be paid the same as a postie yet have much more responsibility is a kick in the teeth, however the more I learn and the more I do the faster I better myself and my office. And this will hopefully help me progress with or without royal mail.
As dom support opportunities are available to progress and to go for training courses.
And I enjoy learning.
The pay is the same as posties. With additional leaders allowance if left to cover delivery office manager. yes you do have more responsibility. It is a skilled job. And depending on the size of the office your responsibility's will vary. I run the callers office, support the posties and support the delivery office manager, as well as using my own initiative to teach myself and others.
To be paid the same as a postie yet have much more responsibility is a kick in the teeth, however the more I learn and the more I do the faster I better myself and my office. And this will hopefully help me progress with or without royal mail.
As dom support opportunities are available to progress and to go for training courses.
And I enjoy learning.
-
catch22
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
- Gender: Male
DOM support job
Peter they are looking for someone who is reliable, trustworthy, security conscious, customer focused and will to learn and adapt. And actually people for the role are hard to come by.PeterCapaldi wrote:Hi all, I have a interview for a DOM support job on Friday and just wondered if anyone has had one before and what sort of questions will be asked?
Also there are also other interviews taking place for this job tomorrow and there is a different person sitting on those with the DOM than I will have Friday, is this ok? Should be concerned?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
PeterCapaldi
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 30 Jun 2017, 19:23
- Gender: Male
DOM support job
Ok so I missed out on the job, lost out to someone with the same skill set as me (never worked in the cage) and Is also junior to me. I thought that in the way forward agreement it stated for these specialist jobs where candidates had the same skill set seniority would decide who got the job? Do I have a case for a grievance?