ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

changing shift/hours - is there a rule?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
y2j4dx
Posts: 28
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 14:49
Gender: Male

changing shift/hours - is there a rule?

Post by y2j4dx »

My walk got lapsed in January and I was put on nights and have been on nights since then. Being told I have to go back on days and do a delivery next week. Where do I stand? Are they supposed to give me so many days notice before changing my shift? Can I refuse to do the delivery next week (not one I know). Any help would be much appreciated
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

changing shift/hours - is there a rule?

Post by rehabron »

y2j4dx wrote:My walk got lapsed in January and I was put on nights and have been on nights since then. Being told I have to go back on days and do a delivery next week. Where do I stand? Are they supposed to give me so many days notice before changing my shift? Can I refuse to do the delivery next week (not one I know). Any help would be much appreciated
As far as I am aware 7 days notice for you to make any home adjustments that are necessary but someone may have more information on this than I have.
y2j4dx
Posts: 28
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 14:49
Gender: Male

changing shift/hours - is there a rule?

Post by y2j4dx »

rehabron wrote:
y2j4dx wrote:My walk got lapsed in January and I was put on nights and have been on nights since then. Being told I have to go back on days and do a delivery next week. Where do I stand? Are they supposed to give me so many days notice before changing my shift? Can I refuse to do the delivery next week (not one I know). Any help would be much appreciated
As far as I am aware 7 days notice for you to make any home adjustments that are necessary but someone may have more information on this than I have.
Cheers