ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave selection

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Alfreton
Posts: 37
Joined: 19 Feb 2016, 22:24
Gender: Male

Annual leave selection

Post by Alfreton »

I've read the following

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Time ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At the moment in time we have a combination of vacancies and sick leave which means we are often short staffed

Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for refusing annual leave. Is it based on coverage or the leave ceiling?

Thanks in advance
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Annual leave selection

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I don't think there is an agreement covering leave refusal, and in law, managers can indeed refuse leave, or cancel it (within certain time limits). However, they must within the law, allow you the opportunity to take all your statutory leave (which can include Bank Holidays).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.