So how do others get informed of what duty they are on after a week off?
I get texts asking me to " help out and work some of my annual leave due to sickness" @7 pm for the next day,
But they can't be bothered to inform me of my duties for the next week.
It's beyond a joke now, aren't we supposed to know rotas 6 weeks in advance?
Do other offices get the same?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Duties after annual leave.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Duties after annual leave.
What difference does it make whatever walk you are on they are all meant to be the same ( biggest jole of the year)
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Duties after annual leave.
If I'm on annual leave or working at the beginning of the week I get a slip in the post with my duties for the next week on.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Duties after annual leave.
If we are lucky, we find out when we walk in and sign the book. If we aren't lucky we do our normal duty (if we have one) for half an hour then get told we are on another duty but it's OK it's been prepped. 'Prepped' means there's a dozen letters in the frame and four trays stacked by the frame.
Personally I don't even think about what duty I'm on until I sign in, and any texts asking me to go in are politely ignored.
Personally I don't even think about what duty I'm on until I sign in, and any texts asking me to go in are politely ignored.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Duties after annual leave.
Nice to know have as much notice of your day off as everyone else. Yes as a reserve you could safely put big money on it being Tuesday but it's bloody annoying turning up At 0600 Monday morning to see you could still be tucked up in bed.terry2972 wrote:What difference does it make whatever walk you are on they are all meant to be the same ( biggest jole of the year)
Personally I endeavour to give the office a call after 12 on the Saturday, manager's gone home so it's fairly safe to say that what ever is up on the board is what's happening
-
woodpecker
- Posts: 883
- Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Duties after annual leave.
Walks have different start times, wouldn't want to go in only to find I was on a later start, I don't work for free!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Duties after annual leave.
I always ring up. Many of time i went in on the monday just to find out it was my day off.

-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Duties after annual leave.
Not in my office. People have different start times and if they aren't informed of any change well in advance tough, they start and finish on time.woodpecker wrote:Walks have different start times, wouldn't want to go in only to find I was on a later start, I don't work for free!