ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
.... So lots more lovely election material to deliver (and not get properly paid for) 
-
Mynamesnotpat
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 21:32
- Gender: Male
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
I'll deliver that election material for free if it means keeping the Tories out!!!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
I was out delivering Labour election material for free from 0530 yesterday, and over the previous four weeks. And I'm ready to do it again, withe even more enthusiasm.
But I don't think the Tories will risk another one soon.
But I don't think the Tories will risk another one soon.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
No, she's on her way to see the queen about a minority government.
'Strong relationship' between DUP and Conservatives - May
Theresa May says the Conservative party and the DUP will work together, having "enjoyed a strong relationship over many years".
Brexit negotiations will continue, on the same timetable as before, says Mrs May.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
So more strong and stable government with the DUP thenPOSTMAN wrote:No, she's on her way to see the queen about a minority government.'Strong relationship' between DUP and Conservatives - May
Theresa May says the Conservative party and the DUP will work together, having "enjoyed a strong relationship over many years".
Brexit negotiations will continue, on the same timetable as before, says Mrs May.
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
Never have had any problem getting paid, I will give our lino his due, he's bang on the ball with the payments.wacko74 wrote:.... So lots more lovely election material to deliver (and not get properly paid for)
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
I bumped into a guy at the last election and he did their leaflets from the top of the flats to the bottom. Otherwise the lower tenants came out and gave him a rollocking, and I'm in a Labour/SNP stronghold... and he was Labour!!!baldrick wrote:I was out delivering Labour election material for free from 0530 yesterday, and over the previous four weeks. And I'm ready to do it again, withe even more enthusiasm.
But I don't think the Tories will risk another one soon.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Looks quite probably like another General Election then...
I delivered leaflets in flats from top floor down too, it means you are just walking downwards having taken the lift to the top. It's quicker and easier.bmccoll wrote:I bumped into a guy at the last election and he did their leaflets from the top of the flats to the bottom. Otherwise the lower tenants came out and gave him a rollocking, and I'm in a Labour/SNP stronghold... and he was Labour!!!baldrick wrote:I was out delivering Labour election material for free from 0530 yesterday, and over the previous four weeks. And I'm ready to do it again, withe even more enthusiasm.
But I don't think the Tories will risk another one soon.
Often I had to ring on the entry intercom to ask a tenant to let me in. I never had any problems, people were usually pleased to see we were campaigning and actually going out to them. None of the other parties round here did. The Tories did deliver one leaflet, which only had a picture of their candidate and how he supported 'strong and stable' May. The LibDems sent out their election leaflet using the RM free delivery, and the Green Party and ukip didn't send anything out.
Labour were the only party who were out knocking on doors and talking to people and most people were friendly and pleased to see us. And they liked Corbyn despite the media attacks. It was reflected in our result locally with our MP increasing her vote from 28,000 in the 2015 GE to over 40,000. More than double all the other parties combined.