I have just transferred to a new DO and gone from a 20 hour contract to 30 hours.
This is probably a stupid question but what should my actual working hours be ?
I start at 7:30 , so I assumed it would be 13:30 finish (i.e. 6 hours per day)
DOM seems to think my hours should be 7:30-14:00
But meal relief etc is included in the contracted hours isn't it ?
Eg: If I'm on a duty with a finish time of 13:55 then surely I should be getting 25 mins overtime if that's when I finish ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
-
Poole70
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 13:08
- Gender: Male
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Or you should be starting at 7.55? That gives you a 6 hour day.Poole70 wrote:
Eg: If I'm on a duty with a finish time of 13:55 then surely I should be getting 25 mins overtime if that's when I finish ?
And yes your meal relief is within your contracted hours.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Depends which office you are at they will differ from each officePoole70 wrote:I have just transferred to a new DO and gone from a 20 hour contract to 30 hours.
This is probably a stupid question but what should my actual working hours be ?
I start at 7:30 , so I assumed it would be 13:30 finish (i.e. 6 hours per day)
DOM seems to think my hours should be 7:30-14:00
But meal relief etc is included in the contracted hours isn't it ?
Eg: If I'm on a duty with a finish time of 13:55 then surely I should be getting 25 mins overtime if that's when I finish ?
I'm on a 30 hrs contract too
My hours are Mon 9.00 -14.20
Tuesday 8.30 -13.45
Wed/thurs/fri. 8.16 -15.00
Sat 9.00 - 14.15
Last edited by Clared on 08 Jun 2017, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
-
Poole70
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 13:08
- Gender: Male
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Thanks.
That's what I thought.
So if they want me in at 7:30 for prep each day , then I'll claim for any work I do past 1:30 (every day except Tuesday.)
That's what I thought.
So if they want me in at 7:30 for prep each day , then I'll claim for any work I do past 1:30 (every day except Tuesday.)
-
Poole70
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 13:08
- Gender: Male
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Clared wrote:Depends which office you are at they will differ from each officePoole70 wrote:I have just transferred to a new DO and gone from a 20 hour contract to 30 hours.
This is probably a stupid question but what should my actual working hours be ?
I start at 7:30 , so I assumed it would be 13:30 finish (i.e. 6 hours per day)
DOM seems to think my hours should be 7:30-14:00
But meal relief etc is included in the contracted hours isn't it ?
Eg: If I'm on a duty with a finish time of 13:55 then surely I should be getting 25 mins overtime if that's when I finish ?
I'm on a 30 hrs contract too
Thanks for reply...so what hours do you work ?
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Poole70 wrote:Clared wrote:Depends which office you are at they will differ from each officePoole70 wrote:I have just transferred to a new DO and gone from a 20 hour contract to 30 hours.
This is probably a stupid question but what should my actual working hours be ?
I start at 7:30 , so I assumed it would be 13:30 finish (i.e. 6 hours per day)
DOM seems to think my hours should be 7:30-14:00
But meal relief etc is included in the contracted hours isn't it ?
Eg: If I'm on a duty with a finish time of 13:55 then surely I should be getting 25 mins overtime if that's when I finish ?
I'm on a 30 hrs contract too
Thanks for reply...so what hours do you work ?
Just posted above
On another note they have knocked Over Time off at our office so work to your time because they may not pay you for it
-
Poole70
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 13:08
- Gender: Male
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Hmmm.
So if I'm on a different duty each day (I'm a leave reserve / floater) then I guess I should base any OT claim on my 6 contracted hours against the prescribed times for whatever duties I work on any particular day ?
That's going to be a pain in the arse to keep a check on !
So if I'm on a different duty each day (I'm a leave reserve / floater) then I guess I should base any OT claim on my 6 contracted hours against the prescribed times for whatever duties I work on any particular day ?
That's going to be a pain in the arse to keep a check on !
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Even more of pain if you don't....it's your hard earned wonga.Poole70 wrote:
That's going to be a pain in the arse to keep a check on !
What makes it worse is that you might be working different duties with different duty times. Also what happened to me was that if a manager asked
me to go in early to 'prep' he would class it as O/T until my 'proper' duty time and then if (because I'm P/T) I worked
beyond my contracted hours to complete the duty I was on that obviously would be O/T too.
But he would class them as two different types of overtime - one would be 'Pressure O/T' and one would be 'Absence O/T'.
I never really understood what the difference was but it was different budgets apparently. To me O/T is O/T is O/T!!!
Different office now and O/T is O/T is O/T - much simpler....!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
For your pay there is no difference unless you get SA,
Pressure overtime is basically when they need more people in because the traffic figures are higher than planned. absence overtime is the extra hours needed to cover leave/sick etc. Absence docket is usually when they let too many FTs on leave and need a PT to cover that duty.
Pressure overtime is basically when they need more people in because the traffic figures are higher than planned. absence overtime is the extra hours needed to cover leave/sick etc. Absence docket is usually when they let too many FTs on leave and need a PT to cover that duty.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
I work 30 hours over 4 days,so 7.00-2.30 on mon tue sat and 7.30-3.00 on wed thu fri.
2 days off every week
2 days off every week
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
What should my working hours be on a 30 hour contract ?
Hours would would depend on the office and the job you are on. I have Tuesdays off and my hours are:
Mon 8:30-14:30
Wed/thur 8:48-14:48
Fri 8:31-14:31
Sat 7:22-13:22
The hours are as they are to match with the finish time of the partnered full time work.
Mon 8:30-14:30
Wed/thur 8:48-14:48
Fri 8:31-14:31
Sat 7:22-13:22
The hours are as they are to match with the finish time of the partnered full time work.