ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D for part timers
-
Gordonparrish1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 14:37
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day when I'm not paid to do so? I've been doing 6 days as they're understaffed and extra money su always good...but my d2d supplement is still the same 14 quid regardless of how any days I do yet I'm doing them every day.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12193
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
No such thing as a "d2d supplement", delivery staff get a delivery supplement which varies depending on how many hours you work but stays the same for them hours no matter how many d2ds you have, you might have 10, it'd still be the sameGordonparrish1 wrote:What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day when I'm not paid to do so? I've been doing 6 days as they're understaffed and extra money su always good...but my d2d supplement is still the same 14 quid regardless of how any days I do yet I'm doing them every day.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
He's got an excuse he's only been with us 6 weeks, whoever "trained" him doesn't though.
Is it really 7 years since we had a d2d payment, how time flies....
Is it really 7 years since we had a d2d payment, how time flies....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
D2D for part timers
The Delivery Supplement amount is fixed to your contract hours with reference to wages. However, any and all overtime up to 39 hours is paid at a special rate to take in account the extra Delivery Supplement you should have got. I think it appears on your pay statement as something along the lines of SSPR. (Specific Supplemented Pay Rate ?)Gordonparrish1 wrote:What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day when I'm not paid to do so? I've been doing 6 days as they're understaffed and extra money su always good...but my d2d supplement is still the same 14 quid regardless of how any days I do yet I'm doing them every day.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
You're paid for a contractual amount of time, not an amount of work. If prepping those door to doors takes you 5 hours, it makes no difference to you, you can finish on your finish time.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
Delivery supplement is paid £23.96 for full-timers.PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
D2D for part timers
Are you working for freePHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
It's part of our workload.PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
D2D for part timers
PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
Seriously?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
Do you not get a wage at the end of the week?PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
D2D for part timers
Every duty is different never mind every office, however, for comparison, I'm 30 hrs and don't touch door to doors other than to push them through the letterbox,Gordonparrish1 wrote:What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day
They have been put into the workload. Specifically the workload referred to as prep. The person who is responsible for prepping my duty on any given day is responsible for prepping all items, including door to doors. If they aren't prepped they aren't delivered.
Of course, I could be instructed to prep them by the manager, but that would have an impact on my other duties, such as delivering. If I spend 30 mins prepping door to doors, I leave 30 mins of delivery behind.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
D2D for part timers
Must be one of those new fangled zero payment contracts.Judgee wrote:PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
Seriously?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
D2D for part timers
i joined as a postman, why am i delivering all these parcels for free ?
:arrrghhh
:arrrghhh