ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bank Holiday Pay
-
jogod
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 15:58
- Gender: Female
Bank Holiday Pay
Please could anyone confirm that the policy has changed so that if your day off falls on a bank holiday you can no longer be paid for it, you can only take it as a day owed?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Bank Holiday Pay
I was asked today if I wanted the day in lieu or payment so I don't believe there has been a "change of policy".
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Bank Holiday Pay
I have asked for it to be paid as overtime, it wasn't refused but I will have to wait to see if they pay it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday Pay
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=69286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;jogod wrote:Please could anyone confirm that the policy has changed so that if your day off falls on a bank holiday you can no longer be paid for it, you can only take it as a day owed?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
jogod
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 15:58
- Gender: Female
Bank Holiday Pay
I have been refused payment for Good Friday, they asked beforehand it I wanted payment or a day in lieu and I asked for payment, they are now saying that they are no longer going to pay me and I have to take the day off instead.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 578
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday Pay
Had rest day on Easter Monday, I asked to be paid for it rather than day in lieu, got the money paid in this weeks pay.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday Pay
I think the new ruling from above, is that you have to tell management a week before your day off falls on a BH that you want the money, otherwise you automatically get a day off in lieu. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that varies from office to office.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday Pay
The link I posted (The global announcement) still stands.Nothing new has come out.
Baring in mind, weekly resource meetings should happen on a ....weekly basis, they are full of s**t.
Baring in mind, weekly resource meetings should happen on a ....weekly basis, they are full of s**t.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
jogod
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 15:58
- Gender: Female
Bank Holiday Pay
Thank you! I will keep fighting on to get my money!!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Bank Holiday Pay
I got asked aswell day off or payment took payment nice noing getting paid for sitting in the pub

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"