ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dog Bite
-
Rhino14
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Dog Bite
Hi Guys & Gals, looking for a little advice if I can. I was bitten by a dog on delivery today, never had a problem with it in the past but today for some reason it took a bite at my thigh, I immediately returned the delivery office, reported the incident, but refused to do an immediate site visit as I was more concerned about visiting A&E to get the wound cleaned up & stitched/glued if required.
I have been cleaned & patched up by the hospital, given anti biotics & told to keep the leg elevated & dry for 2/3 days. My dilemma, apart from it stinging & feeling a little sore I feel ok, so should I return to work tomorrow or rest it up for 2/3 days.
Thanks in advance for any advice given
I have been cleaned & patched up by the hospital, given anti biotics & told to keep the leg elevated & dry for 2/3 days. My dilemma, apart from it stinging & feeling a little sore I feel ok, so should I return to work tomorrow or rest it up for 2/3 days.
Thanks in advance for any advice given
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Dog Bite
no offense but a medical professional has given you clear advice, and youre asking a bunch of posties about what to do ?Rhino14 wrote:
I have been cleaned & patched up by the hospital, given anti biotics & told to keep the leg elevated & dry for 2/3 days.
Thanks in advance for any advice given
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Dog Bite
Have you delivered all of this weeks Door To Doors ?Rhino14 wrote:Hi Guys & Gals, looking for a little advice if I can. I was bitten by a dog on delivery today, never had a problem with it in the past but today for some reason it took a bite at my thigh, I immediately returned the delivery office, reported the incident, but refused to do an immediate site visit as I was more concerned about visiting A&E to get the wound cleaned up & stitched/glued if required.
I have been cleaned & patched up by the hospital, given anti biotics & told to keep the leg elevated & dry for 2/3 days. My dilemma, apart from it stinging & feeling a little sore I feel ok, so should I return to work tomorrow or rest it up for 2/3 days.
Thanks in advance for any advice given
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dog Bite
Yep it's a stay off from me,not to be awkward or anything but as the doctor,is the expert not a jumped up manager who should know better and follow procedures regardless of the impact,just like the said on dog awareness week????