ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New starters being given bigger contracts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
inabizzel
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jan 2016, 16:30
Gender: Male

New starters being given bigger contracts

Post by inabizzel »

I was hired a year ago on a 25 hour contract. My office has just hired a bunch of new starters on 30 hours. I've heard I can have mine bumped up to match what new starters are now getting. Is this true?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

New starters being given bigger contracts

Post by datasaint »

They should have advertised any positions in your office internally first, at which point you could have applied.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

New starters being given bigger contracts

Post by Destiny »

Rep should be all over it for you at their sim, uplift sorted within the week for immediate start following week.
Carryoncas
Posts: 10
Joined: 26 Nov 2016, 16:42
Gender: Female

New starters being given bigger contracts

Post by Carryoncas »

I'm in the same boat with this one. Me and a few other colleagues are on a 20 hour contract but they've since hired people on 25 hours. I very rarely only work the 20, but I'm on A/L this week and not looking forward to the basic pay I'll be getting next week as it's not enough for me