ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question re households
-
Gazza47
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 09:17
- Gender: Male
Question re households
As a new recruit and the office spare I cover many walks in the office upto four different walks each week, my question is what is the protocol re the delivering of households and how many on each walk.The reason I ask is I worked a certain walk and the guy who was off had thrown the complete weeks worth of households into the frame stating he delivered all his on a Tuesday when quiet, where does that leave me as I am not on the same walk each day I would of delivered way above the weekly quota of households but only getting paid pro rats for 25hrs. Cheers
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Question re households
Gazza47 wrote:As a new recruit and the office spare I cover many walks in the office up to four different walks each week, my question is what is the protocol re the delivering of households and how many on each walk.The reason I ask is I worked a certain walk and the guy who was off had thrown the complete weeks worth of households into the frame stating he delivered all his on a Tuesday when quiet, where does that leave me as I am not on the same walk each day I would have delivered way above the weekly quota of households but only getting paid pro rats for 25hrs. Cheers
You only have to deliver 1/5 or 1/6 per day (depending on local agreement/practice). That's it.
Duty holders are allowed to manage their D2Ds over the week as long as they are all done by the end of the week. In your situation, I would have taken where I was going.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Question re households
I'd have removed them all except that days allocation (roughly a sixth). Your collegue "the duty holder" sounds like a right chancer 
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Question re households
So you will happily let " the duty holder" put the d2d into the frame for you.
If that's your way you should take the lot out then put your 1/6th in & deliver them.
If that's your way you should take the lot out then put your 1/6th in & deliver them.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Question re households
I got some kind of "counselling",for doing that. Whilst there were walks and parts of walks, packets etc not going out for days on end. Priorities, anyone!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Gazza47 wrote:As a new recruit and the office spare I cover many walks in the office up to four different walks each week, my question is what is the protocol re the delivering of households and how many on each walk.The reason I ask is I worked a certain walk and the guy who was off had thrown the complete weeks worth of households into the frame stating he delivered all his on a Tuesday when quiet, where does that leave me as I am not on the same walk each day I would have delivered way above the weekly quota of households but only getting paid pro rats for 25hrs. Cheers
You only have to deliver 1/5 or 1/6 per day (depending on local agreement/practice). That's it.
Duty holders are allowed to manage their D2Ds over the week as long as they are all done by the end of the week. In your situation, I would have taken where I was going.
-
Gazza47
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 09:17
- Gender: Male
Question re households
Didn't have a say about it they were in the frame when I turned up in the morning.gb93 wrote:So you will happily let " the duty holder" put the d2d into the frame for you.
If that's your way you should take the lot out then put your 1/6th in & deliver them.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Question re households
I wasn't replying to your comment. But my answer to your question would be if it's a Tuesday which is "normally" light just take where you were going not that much of a bind especially as I have said the duty holder prepped them for you.Gazza47 wrote:Didn't have a say about it they were in the frame when I turned up in the morning.gb93 wrote:So you will happily let " the duty holder" put the d2d into the frame for you.
If that's your way you should take the lot out then put your 1/6th in & deliver them.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Gazza47
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 09:17
- Gender: Male
Question re households
Don't know if it's just me but it's an absolute pain throwing in when someone has filled your frame with pizza hut leaflets and virgin letters not to mention seeing which is just a household and what is a genuine letter when bagging up. Think I will go with the first and just pull then all out and replace them with the fifth I am doing that day.gb93 wrote:I wasn't replying to your comment. But my answer to your question would be if it's a Tuesday which is "normally" light just take where you were going not that much of a bind especially as I have said the duty holder prepped them for you.Gazza47 wrote:Didn't have a say about it they were in the frame when I turned up in the morning.gb93 wrote:So you will happily let " the duty holder" put the d2d into the frame for you.
If that's your way you should take the lot out then put your 1/6th in & deliver them.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Question re households
I just bundle them in 20's and leave them at the back of the bundle and feed from the back. This is better for throwing off the rest of the mail in the frame.
On another note am I right in saying that Cornwall and London don't have D2D's ?
On another note am I right in saying that Cornwall and London don't have D2D's ?
-
nickinoneck
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Question re households
Of course we have D2Ds!eastie wrote:I just bundle them in 20's and leave them at the back of the bundle and feed from the back. This is better for throwing off the rest of the mail in the frame.
On another note am I right in saying that Cornwall and London don't have D2D's ?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Question re households
Do you have a list on the side of the frame to show what row has to go out each day? Monday bottom row etc? If so just deliver the leaflets to the row indicated or choose a row to deliver and leave the rest in the frame. You should not be expected to do more than 1/4 in a day.
Ours are officially done over 4 days, mon,tues,thurs,fri. People who work their day off tend to throw them all in and take them where they are going each day til Friday then finish off what's left. I follow the list on the side of the frame which is fair. Some weeks I end up doing all of them due to my day off being on a weds or sat but it all balances out in the end doing it this way!
Ours are officially done over 4 days, mon,tues,thurs,fri. People who work their day off tend to throw them all in and take them where they are going each day til Friday then finish off what's left. I follow the list on the side of the frame which is fair. Some weeks I end up doing all of them due to my day off being on a weds or sat but it all balances out in the end doing it this way!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Question re households
ours is a 6th per day and tell whoever covers to do a certain street which is nearly a 6th but easier to deliver as you pass quite a few doors even if no mail.
think they've only gone 3 times this year, i just let them pile up until someone takes them away,
just make sure you sign the sheet stating what you took that day and no comebacks should there be plenty left over.
think they've only gone 3 times this year, i just let them pile up until someone takes them away,
just make sure you sign the sheet stating what you took that day and no comebacks should there be plenty left over.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Question re households
Most of us work in pairs and I can understand how frustrating it can be for someone who isn't the duty holder having to take out far more Door to Doors, because his van share partner has selfishly put all his Door to Doors in on his own frame, with the intention of only taking them where they are going.
Before you were not allowed to claim overtime for delivering the door to doors and this was because the door to doors attract an additional payment. However, we get a delivery supplement now (and its not for D2Ds apparently) so I guess if you work past your time because you had excess door to doors to deliver, then that rule does not apply
Before you were not allowed to claim overtime for delivering the door to doors and this was because the door to doors attract an additional payment. However, we get a delivery supplement now (and its not for D2Ds apparently) so I guess if you work past your time because you had excess door to doors to deliver, then that rule does not apply
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
Question re households
eastie wrote:I just bundle them in 20's and leave them at the back of the bundle and feed from the back. This is better for throwing off the rest of the mail in the frame.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Question re households
Why are you throwing in when you are on 25 hr contract?Gazza47 wrote: Don't know if it's just me but it's an absolute pain throwing in
As for Door to Doors, personally, if there are more than that days prepped, I assume I'm to take only to houses that have mail. In the unlikely event that only that days have been prepped, I'll take them all, or ask partner or duty holder.