ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all). specific instructions on it NOT to be delivered to a neighbour. each time I go back they are not in. the DOM says ive to keep on trying. WHY ffs. its lost revenue. they don't think twice about charging someone a quid or whatever for an underpaid item of post, be it a Christmas card or just crap. so why keep trying for redelivery at a loss?
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
Do you leave a 739 every time? If yes,Why do they ask for a redelivery if they know they are going to be out that day? Takin the P man!daveyeff wrote:i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all). specific instructions on it NOT to be delivered to a neighbour. each time I go back they are not in. the DOM says ive to keep on trying. WHY ffs. its lost revenue. they don't think twice about charging someone a quid or whatever for an underpaid item of post, be it a Christmas card or just crap. so why keep trying for redelivery at a loss?
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
We got notices up at our office, a redelivered special STILL HAS to be delivered to time.trythat wrote:We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
By being a redelivery it's already missed its time.olilew wrote:We got notices up at our office, a redelivered special STILL HAS to be delivered to time.trythat wrote:We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
They are'nt official though?olilew wrote:trythat wrote: We got notices up at our office, a redelivered special STILL HAS to be delivered to time.
Have a think either way & throw it back at them with ways at your disposal.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
yes, I've left one EVERY time, and also marked in the box on the reverse, the number of times its been attempted delivery.Bahia Feliz wrote:Do you leave a 739 every time? If yes,Why do they ask for a redelivery if they know they are going to be out that day? Takin the P man!daveyeff wrote:i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all). specific instructions on it NOT to be delivered to a neighbour. each time I go back they are not in. the DOM says ive to keep on trying. WHY ffs. its lost revenue. they don't think twice about charging someone a quid or whatever for an underpaid item of post, be it a Christmas card or just crap. so why keep trying for redelivery at a loss?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
Totally agree with you that's taking the pissdaveyeff wrote:i think they should put a cap on the amount of times other items are redelivered as well. I took a tracked out today for the SIXTH time on a redelivery. (7 attempts in all).
Be nice to have an official guide, but as all the Managers are on a Bonus scheme, it'll be what ever suits them!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
It will probably bounce backwards and forwards depending on how the customer perception goes. You can't make a claim if a redelivered special misses the 1 pm cut off but no doubt if enough customers moan about it management will tell you they have to be done by 1 pm.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
Most courier companies will only reattempt 2 redeliveries
then return to sender.
The P739 cards are overly longwinded. Be easier to have barcoded stickers,stick one on a card on the parcel.
This could be scanned onto computer system and stored
For easy retrieval later on,no writing an essay in the pissing wind every 5mins.
then return to sender.
The P739 cards are overly longwinded. Be easier to have barcoded stickers,stick one on a card on the parcel.
This could be scanned onto computer system and stored
For easy retrieval later on,no writing an essay in the pissing wind every 5mins.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
I was told that for redeliveries they have 18 chances. I had one that i attempted 9 times they must of collected it in the end. I say 2 times was fair.
-
jnob66
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
I believe it's 21 days from first attempt of delivery so a possible 10 attempts of redelivery 
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
Did they also say it doesn't apply on Saturday unless they are Saturday Guaranteed?trythat wrote:We were told in yesterdays WTL that a national briefing had gone out saying that Redelivery of P739 Special delivery items either 0900 or 1300 did NOT have to be redelivered to specification.
This should of always been the case, but we know it hasn't in the past. I'll be glad that I won't have to clock watch if I've got P739'd specials to do.
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
Redelivery times of Special Delivery
Delivery services
6.—(1) At least one delivery every Monday to Saturday of letters originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(2) At least one delivery every Monday to Friday of other postal packets originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(3) The requirements in paragraphs (1) and (2) do not need to be met on any day which is (in the part of the United Kingdom concerned) a public holiday.
6.—(1) At least one delivery every Monday to Saturday of letters originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(2) At least one delivery every Monday to Friday of other postal packets originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(3) The requirements in paragraphs (1) and (2) do not need to be met on any day which is (in the part of the United Kingdom concerned) a public holiday.