ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sunday working

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Sunday working

Post by Bahia Feliz »

I saw a van yesterday in the Middlesex area,driver had a waterproof coat on so I deduced that he must have been working. I wondered if many areas do collections or even deliveries on Sundays around the country?
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Sunday working

Post by GT85 »

Not at the moment but our DO is recruiting staff with hours that will include Sunday working.
We're all here because we're not all there
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Sunday working

Post by nickbsmooth »

GT85 wrote:Not at the moment but our DO is recruiting staff with hours that will include Sunday working.
For PHG and packets? I can see company wanting to eventually do away with delivering mail on Saturdays if letters are dropping off as they claim. Doing only packets on a weekend.
1969tonka
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 98
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Sunday working

Post by 1969tonka »

Parcelforce deliver on Sundays , have done for a couple of years now