ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hourly rate
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Hourly rate
Hi
I've now been at RM for over 8 months & gone from a 24 hr to a 30hr contract. Can anyone tell me what my hourly rate should be please
I've now been at RM for over 8 months & gone from a 24 hr to a 30hr contract. Can anyone tell me what my hourly rate should be please
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Hourly rate
Just had a quick look at a job advert and the hourly rate for 6-12 months is £10.09. You'll get a pay rise after 12 months, currently going up to £10.57 per hour.
The first 9 hours of any overtime you do (making a 39 hours week) will have an hourly rate including the Delivery Supplement (pro-rata).
The first 9 hours of any overtime you do (making a 39 hours week) will have an hourly rate including the Delivery Supplement (pro-rata).
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Hourly rate
I thought it was around that amount..... I've received a new contract today & it states I get paid £391.69 for 30 hours which makes it around £13 per hour.
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Hourly rate
Are you inside London ?Clared wrote:I thought it was around that amount..... I've received a new contract today & it states I get paid £391.69 for 30 hours which makes it around £13 per hour.
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Hourly rate
[quote="South_London_Postie"][quote="Clared"]I thought it was around that amount..... I've received a new contract today & it states I get paid £391.69 for 30 hours which makes it around £13 per hour.
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think[/quote]
Are you inside London ?[/quote]
No I'm up North !
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think[/quote]
Are you inside London ?[/quote]
No I'm up North !
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Hourly rate
Looks like they've given you a 35 hour contract. When I started they accidentally gave me a 35 instead of 30 hour contract and they asked me if I'd drop down because they can't take it off you once you have it - it is a contract after all.
35 hours x (10.57 rate + 23.96 del-sup / 39) = £391.45 only a few pence out, possibly from rounding errors.
EDIT: unless they've given you 39 hours at £10.04 per hour and your delivery suppliment is on top of that?
35 hours x (10.57 rate + 23.96 del-sup / 39) = £391.45 only a few pence out, possibly from rounding errors.
EDIT: unless they've given you 39 hours at £10.04 per hour and your delivery suppliment is on top of that?
Last edited by Spedley on 28 Jan 2017, 21:18, edited 3 times in total.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Hourly rate
£391.69 pro rata? So £391.69/40 x 30 = £294ish
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Hourly rate
I had several contracts for the first 2 years & it always gave rate of pay based on 39 hour week (pro rata) - on a lower rate for first year. So I think if you divide £391.69 by 39 your hourly rate would be £10.04. ie £301.39 p/wSouth_London_Postie wrote:Are you inside London ?Clared wrote:I thought it was around that amount..... I've received a new contract today & it states I get paid £391.69 for 30 hours which makes it around £13 per hour.
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Hourly rate
Nice been here for years and cant passed 27.5. I know people with over ten years service on the same
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Hourly rate
I just got a 6 month increment and £10.04 per hour.rogersh wrote:I had several contracts for the first 2 years & it always gave rate of pay based on 39 hour week (pro rata) - on a lower rate for first year. So I think if you divide £391.69 by 39 your hourly rate would be £10.04. ie £301.39 p/wSouth_London_Postie wrote:Are you inside London ?Clared wrote:I thought it was around that amount..... I've received a new contract today & it states I get paid £391.69 for 30 hours which makes it around £13 per hour.
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think
Adverts do indeed say £10.09 per hour so something doesn't add up....
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Hourly rate
I managed to get in touch with HR today after been on hold for at 20 minutes !rogersh wrote:I had several contracts for the first 2 years & it always gave rate of pay based on 39 hour week (pro rata) - on a lower rate for first year. So I think if you divide £391.69 by 39 your hourly rate would be £10.04. ie £301.39 p/wSouth_London_Postie wrote:Are you inside London ?Clared wrote:I thought it was around that amount..... I've received a new contract today & it states I get paid £391.69 for 30 hours which makes it around £13 per hour.
Think someone at HR has defintely got that wrong a phone call on Monday I think
Yep it's worked out over 39 hrs as I was told that today
-
Carryoncas
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 26 Nov 2016, 16:42
- Gender: Female
Hourly rate
Out of interest how did you manage to get your contract increased?
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Hourly rate
doesn't your contract state your weekly wage for a full working 39 hour week, then your contracted 30 hours within that...? that's what mine was like anyway
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Hourly rate
Just got asked if I was interested in increasing my hours to 30 so I did it. It was voluntary though some ppl didn't take it though. Since I started at RM I was told to work 30 hours (not contracted) so it would work along side my colleague so I use to book 6 hours OT every week but only downfall to that Is you would lose out when you were on A/LCarryoncas wrote:Out of interest how did you manage to get your contract increased?
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Hourly rate
It just stated 39 hours on it which why I was a bit confused. They have resent me a new one which states my 30 hrs on it now & the break downSmir wrote:doesn't your contract state your weekly wage for a full working 39 hour week, then your contracted 30 hours within that...? that's what mine was like anyway