ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Broken fence posts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kirsty952002
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
Gender: Female

Broken fence posts

Post by Kirsty952002 »

Today I slipped on driveway caught my foot full on a chain fence border and two posts broke. No damage to me except pride. A neighbour asked if I was ok, as she saw me tumble and said accidents happen. The owner of the property wasn't in, no managers were about when I got back off delivery. I am planning on mentioning it tomorrow morning to a manager, I'm a bit worried about the consequences of this, as I feel morally obliged to mention it.
Advice please!
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Broken fence posts

Post by bigal383 »

for one stop worrying weve all been there I myself knocked a wing mirrow off with my bag on a porshe royal mail are insured for these things relax accidents happen Kirsty, you wont get any form of caution.
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Broken fence posts

Post by bigal383 »

I wouldn't mention it until you hear about it, but explain you had a fall and document this incase of injury. if this does crop up then explain you didn't realise you had done any damage, job done and over relax
Kirsty952002
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
Gender: Female

Broken fence posts

Post by Kirsty952002 »

Thanks, just still being on probation and new to all of this, not sure what the deal is. Wow a Porsche wing mirror that puts it into perspective a little!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Broken fence posts

Post by wacko74 »

What caused you to slip on the driveway? Surely, if anything, it's the homeowner that needs to be worrying... duty of care to people who have implied consent to enter their property and all that...