ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Daniel-san
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by Daniel-san »

Can I refuse to work with a member of staff?
We Really don't get on at all due to stuff not work related and I don't want to be put in a situation that could have me sacked.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by datasaint »

If you have a legitimate reason and you feel your safety or the safety of the mail could be compromised then I'd imagine the DOM has a duty of care to act.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by fishtank »

The official position after P&L was introduced is that the business would take a sympathetic approach to any genuine people issues that arise however and don't take this personally but this is work not school and we're all supposed to be adults.

"Refusing" would not be a wise move, better to inform management of your concerns, ask them to take a formal note of them and allow management to manage, if the other person causes issues report it immediately.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by Pompey Boy »

One of the big problems with park and loop :crazy:
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
lillywhite
Posts: 126
Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by lillywhite »

Yes,I did and the manager said nobody has to work with anyone if there's a legitimate reason.Work is bad enough without extra stress.
AnotherLimey
Posts: 751
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by AnotherLimey »

Pompey Boy wrote:One of the big problems with park and loop :crazy:
I'll work with anyone, but have you met the 'mute' in the MPU, he's just plain ingnorant :(
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by centenaryman »

ive been in the position were I couldn't work with another member of staff....they got a spare van and for the day we both did 1 walk each LOL like the good old days with royal mail providing the vehicles not us.
Daniel-san
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
Gender: Male

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by Daniel-san »

cool thanks,

I know were all adults but I've been subject to some extreme Verbal abuse and have taken it on the chin, I refuse to take any more and will bite back.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Can I refuse..... advice needed

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Your manager should take action to prevent the possibility of an issue arising.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.