ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pens in the rain

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by Chewster »

It was an absolutely miserable day today, soaked through, all my P739s ruined, people's mail going through the letterbox as mush. I don't see why they can't make the 739s a bit more resistant to rain, or why they can't give us teflon trousers like the schoolkids have but I digress.

My main question is, what kind of pens do you lot use? I normally just buy the cheap clicky pens in Tesco but recently decided to "treat" myself to some lovely papermate ones. Only thing is, they are USELESS in the rain!
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Pens in the rain

Post by DB1100 »

These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by greengiant »

DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Contains pressurised nitrogen? You wouldn't want to be chewing on the end of that pen! :wink:
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

Chewster wrote:I ... buy
:speak to the hand
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by lightningpostman »

pens should be provided by RM, you are not paid a supplement to use your own ,

also the stuff they do provided leak, dry up and are probably the worst pens they can buy.
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by visigoth »

UNI-BALL POWER TANK SN-220 1.0MM
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by wannabeek »

t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:
Chewster wrote:I ... buy
:speak to the hand
Have you ever used a RM issued pen? For more than a day? If so and that is still your comment then I guess that your dom uses a different supplier to the RM standard stockist. I have never used a RM issue pen without discarding it just a few hours later for one reason or another.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Pens in the rain

Post by DB1100 »

greengiant wrote:
DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Contains pressurised nitrogen? You wouldn't want to be chewing on the end of that pen! :wink:
No time for eating lad,we're paid to work lol.
For we were soldiers once,and young
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by datasaint »

DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been using mine for about the last 6 months. Replaced the cartridge about 3 times, can buy a 10 pack refill of ebay.

Paid for out my own pocket but rather that than trying to scribe letters onto a wet 739.
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

wannabeek wrote:
t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:
Chewster wrote:I ... buy
:speak to the hand
Have you ever used a RM issued pen? For more than a day? If so and that is still your comment then I guess that your dom uses a different supplier to the RM standard stockist. I have never used a RM issue pen without discarding it just a few hours later for one reason or another.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ;liar They work perfectly for weeks.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Pens in the rain

Post by DB1100 »

norm wrote:
DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been using mine for about the last 6 months. Replaced the cartridge about 3 times, can buy a 10 pack refill of ebay.

Paid for out my own pocket but rather that than trying to scribe letters onto a wet 739.
Tombow do a similar one, but I think these are a lot better.
For we were soldiers once,and young
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by visigoth »

DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pretty sure that's the version tesco used to flog but discontinued. :thumbup
telithowitis
Posts: 149
Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
Gender: Male

Pens in the rain

Post by telithowitis »

A free pencil from the bookies or ikea always writes in the rain!!
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Pens in the rain

Post by Janet Brum »

I bought 10 ballpoint pens from a bargain shop for 79 pence, they are good so far, I can write with them in the rain too. And the cost is not worth mentioning :chuckle
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Pens in the rain

Post by DB1100 »

visigoth wrote:
DB1100 wrote:These are the best outdoor pens ever made http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN00847/uni ... lpoint-pen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pretty sure that's the version tesco used to flog but discontinued. :thumbup
Nah,I brought some the other day,green and brown and a couple of those.You can get them on Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powertank-Retr ... ertank+eco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young