ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Forced Change in Christmas hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
White Reflection
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 10:21
Gender: Female

Forced Change in Christmas hours

Post by White Reflection »

Hi guys,

I've been off sick after being in an accident (which i'm claiming from as it was not my fault), and finally i'm returning to work in a couple of days... However, I've been told I have to work in late callers throughout all of Christmas by my DOM but I've not had that discussion with him and never agreed to it. I would never want to be placed in there and only want to go on a walk (unfortunately i'm leave reserve but high-mid seniority). My physio that was organised by OH assist has said i'm not fit for a walk but can carry 5kg max so I can prep in mornings, and he wants me to only work 4 hours the first week back and avoid walks for the time being. I'm happy to prep, sort and book in but he wants me to change my hours to the evening to suit him. The reason I wanted the job was for the convenient hours and finish at 2:30. What rights do I have to not change the hours? Surely they can't single someone out and force it upon them right?
Last edited by White Reflection on 06 Dec 2016, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
SpongeBobPants
Posts: 29
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 14:50
Gender: Female

Forced Change in Christmas hours

Post by SpongeBobPants »

Pretty sure it's twenty-eight days notice for a change in hours.
White Reflection
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 10:21
Gender: Female

Forced Change in Christmas hours

Post by White Reflection »

SpongeBobPants wrote:Pretty sure it's twenty-eight days notice for a change in hours.
Apparently it's been on the board for a while that I would be doing that but as I've been off sick I've had no verbal discussion and my manager is claiming he has discussed it with me..
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Forced Change in Christmas hours

Post by fishtank »

Any rehab plan which this clearly is has to be agreed by both parties with input from OHS and your own doctor. I would imagine having been on your feet all day a late shift in the locker would not be suitable for someone recovering from an accident. Obviously you're going to be more tired later in the day, that would be my argument.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share