ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

My Bundle Uniform Idea

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

My Bundle Uniform Idea

Post by deristrong »

After the last couple of freezing days I today spent a small fortune on clothing items we need but don't get. Proper gloves so your fingers don't go numb. Five packs of thermal socks. A couple of thermal vests and a couple of neck gaiters. Back in the mid 80's we used to get a jumper that you could sleep on Snowden in it was so thick but that seems to have disappeared.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

My Bundle Uniform Idea

Post by rubberbond »

That's because it's been superseded by the fleece jacket thing. I don't have one but it looks horrible. I bought myself a couple of fleece hooded tops, with s pouch pocket, so I can carry my PDA,hi vis over the top, sorted, warm as toast, me that is ,not the PDA,because that doesn't work,which is a whole new thread.
Last edited by rubberbond on 02 Dec 2016, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

My Bundle Uniform Idea

Post by priority102 »

In an edition of Courier earlier this year they were boasting that we were going to get new style fleeces and GILETS, then it all went quiet........no doubt money talking again.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

My Bundle Uniform Idea

Post by Chewster »

I find the fleeces are actually quite good tbh. The sizing is mildly off, I wear a large but it's a bit baggy, but a size smaller would definitely be too tight around the chest. They're warm enough for general use, keep wind out, and are actually pretty decent in light rain. They're not so great for the freezing winter day (though we haven't had many of them yet this year). I wear my old rugby Base Layer top on the cold cold days and it helps, RM could really do with introducing something like that. Improved gloves too as already said, the current ones are ok-ish but they act like sponges if it's raining and they unravel and rip really easily.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

My Bundle Uniform Idea

Post by tonytucker »

Man up we're still wearing shorts here
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK