ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform Sizing Help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
elmothelemon
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:59
Gender: Female

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by elmothelemon »

Hello all,
I'm ordering my new starter uniform and need some advice on the sizing.
Are the tops and trousers true to female sizes?
My usual UK size 12 is a Small for the shirts and polos but is also grouped in with a 10 and I'm unsure if it is going to be too small or if the Medium is going to be too big.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

elmothelemon wrote:Hello all,
I'm ordering my new starter uniform and need some advice on the sizing.
Are the tops and trousers true to female sizes?
My usual UK size 12 is a Small for the shirts and polos but is also grouped in with a 10 and I'm unsure if it is going to be too small or if the Medium is going to be too big.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
I'll move this into the Blue Shirts area so that more of our lady members will see your post and hopefully respond.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by peshwaarinaan »

The sizings are on the small side! Get the next size up.
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by woking »

elmothelemon wrote:Hello all,
I'm ordering my new starter uniform and need some advice on the sizing.
Are the tops and trousers true to female sizes?
My usual UK size 12 is a Small for the shirts and polos but is also grouped in with a 10 and I'm unsure if it is going to be too small or if the Medium is going to be too big.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
I'm a size 12 & all my uniform is a size small except my trousers they are a 12.
thumbcat
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 12:59
Gender: Female

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by thumbcat »

I'm a 10 and find the small tops quite roomy so should be fine for you. The size 10 trousers were a little snug at first but are fine now I walk 9 miles a day :Very Happy
claire321
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Jan 2016, 19:12
Gender: Female

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by claire321 »

I found everything to be very big. I'm a UK size 14 on average and found the size 12 trousers fitted snugly after returing the size 14 as they were too big. Everything else I have in size small and there is still a little room to spare.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by rubberbond »

thumbcat wrote:I'm a 10 and find the small tops quite roomy so should be fine for you. The size 10 trousers were a little snug at first but are fine now I walk 9 miles a day :Very Happy
Only do,half a delivery!?
thumbcat
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 12:59
Gender: Female

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by thumbcat »

:chuckle
rubberbond wrote:
thumbcat wrote:I'm a 10 and find the small tops quite roomy so should be fine for you. The size 10 trousers were a little snug at first but are fine now I walk 9 miles a day :Very Happy
Only do,half a delivery!?
elmothelemon
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:59
Gender: Female

Uniform Sizing Help

Post by elmothelemon »

Thank you all :) Very helpful advice