ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Commute/Transfer/Working contracted hours.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Tobiath
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Commute/Transfer/Working contracted hours.

Post by Tobiath »

Hi
I recently transferred (on loan) to a new office after moving about an hour away from my previous office. Someone at the old office has now left so they want me to go back for xmas. Am I within my rights to say I'm only working my hours? As I'm already doing overtime commuting there and back for 2 hours. Just need to know where I stand as I'm not getting shafted, this time of year is bad enough.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Commute/Transfer/Working contracted hours.

Post by woopesh »

Tobiath wrote:Hi
I recently transferred (on loan) to a new office after moving about an hour away from my previous office. Someone at the old office has now left so they want me to go back for xmas. Am I within my rights to say I'm only working my hours? As I'm already doing overtime commuting there and back for 2 hours. Just need to know where I stand as I'm not getting shafted, this time of year is bad enough.
Yes. I'd be surprised if you didn't get grief for it though.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Commute/Transfer/Working contracted hours.

Post by 97gaz »

E