ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer's...anyone managed to keep full time hours?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chuzzwuzzer
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 15:07
Gender: Male

Transfer's...anyone managed to keep full time hours?

Post by chuzzwuzzer »

Looking to transfer to another delivery office. What are the odds of keeping full time hours ? Had a few people transfer to my current office and they have had to reduce their hours to 30hrs which would be out of the question for me as I would be hopefully be transferring to the S.E so need to keep full time hrs to be able to afford to live. Has anyone here managed to keep their hours?
Cheer's.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Transfer's...anyone managed to keep full time hours?

Post by WOBBLY »

I did a few years ago, but be warned its not easy. I had to badger them for nigh on 1.5 years before they eventually transferred me!
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Transfer's...anyone managed to keep full time hours?

Post by Lou84 »

I transferred about 18 months ago South East to Midlands was warned that I'd only get part time hours but luckily I got my full time. just so happened a full timer retired around the same time.

Someone also transferred in this year, full time hours. Guess it depends on offices.

Good luck, it is possible but you need to do all the leg work for the managers !
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Transfer's...anyone managed to keep full time hours?

Post by rubberbond »

Lou84 wrote:I transferred about 18 months ago South East to Midlands was warned that I'd only get part time hours but luckily I got my full time. just so happened a full timer retired around the same time.

Someone also transferred in this year, full time hours. Guess it depends on offices.

Good luck, it is possible but you need to do all the leg work for the managers !
I did! Was advised by my DOM,to speak to the area rep, sorted!