ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail logo boxing gloves in the late 90s

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry1974
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 13:04
Gender: Male

Royal Mail logo boxing gloves in the late 90s

Post by terry1974 »

Hi there, Does anyone recall a promotion or idea Royal Mail did in the late 90s -I don't recall the boxer in the photoshoots (maybe just a model,not a famous one) or press campaign but wearing a pair of boxing with the Royal Mail logo on (blue gloves as background colour)gloves and holding a parcel or large over-size letter
I think it was promoting an overseas service relaunch (swiftpacks? packs that pack a punch or something??) anyone got any ideas or recall seeing the campaign. I remember one shoot featured in the launch where they had a big white cake,iced but with a red and white trim border so it was like a worldwide stamp edge-and I remember a par avion/airmail logo on the cake which the boxer then punched through. if this is a memory jog? Someone suggested it might have been the boxer, the late Gary Mason about that time late 90s who sadly passed away a few years ago after a cycle accident. Hope someone might recall the adverts/promotion and what it was for