ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Missing special
-
Trish16
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 18:53
- Gender: Female
Missing special
Hey, I went out on delivery today on a walk I hadn't done before, we had 6 specials but my partner signed for them and put them in the frame, they were all on my loops but I only came across 5 out on delivery. I don't know if my partner miscounted or I've put one through someone's letterbox by mistake. I'm worrying now, would my manager know tomorrow when I go in if one hasn't been scanned? thanks
-
smoothie262
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 05 Nov 2014, 05:11
- Gender: Female
Missing special
Yes he will know if one hasn't been scanned as it will come back as failed.
-
Trish16
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 18:53
- Gender: Female
Missing special
Ok at least I'll know tomorrow, thanks
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Missing special
Not a nice situation. You could always ask at the cage to see exactly what your partner signed for. I've always kept my specials separate to try to prevent this sort of thing and never put them in the frame. It's the nature of our job that mistakes will happen and we get treated far too harshly when they do
Good luck.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
Trish16
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 18:53
- Gender: Female
Missing special
Thanks, yep I'm never putting them in the frame again! Learnt my lesson. He's pretty sure we had 6 though but can't remember where for, guess I'll find out in the morning 
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Missing special
I could be wrong but,I'm sure they can tell which addresses each one is for?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Missing special
Could one of them been one of these foreign jobbies that came through as a Special but when you scanned it
at delivery point it was 'just' an 'international signed for' or even just 'scan at delivery point' and you didn't register it as a
special in your mind? Or, were they all definitely UK Specials?
at delivery point it was 'just' an 'international signed for' or even just 'scan at delivery point' and you didn't register it as a
special in your mind? Or, were they all definitely UK Specials?
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Missing special
Special in the frame 
-
Trish16
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 18:53
- Gender: Female
Missing special
Possibly, I didn't even look at the specials, I just let my colleague put them in the frame, here's hoping i did just scan it and deliver it. I checked the frame when I got back expecting to see one left but nothing there.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Missing special
You could let your partner take all the rap as it was your partner who put them in your frame and you could say that you wasn't made aware of it until you left the office. In which case your partner will wholly be to blame.
But your best bet is to be upfront and honest with your manager about it first thing in the morning and say that one of the specials possibly failed on your duty. Believe me, they will know if a special hasn't been scanned.
Mistakes happen in this job because staff are busy trying to get the job done in the time span and cutting corners.
But your best bet is to be upfront and honest with your manager about it first thing in the morning and say that one of the specials possibly failed on your duty. Believe me, they will know if a special hasn't been scanned.
Mistakes happen in this job because staff are busy trying to get the job done in the time span and cutting corners.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Missing special
Specials in frame is madness! IF you have to put small specials in the bundle ALWAYS get one of those bright green or orange cards that come with the yorks/inward mail trollies and leave it on top so you know when you're walking and TELL your partner if it's his loop it's on. Write a list on another card and check the specials off as you go round, leave it sticking out of the centre heater vent in the van. If you put specials in the bundle without telling your partner they could get seriously stitched up if they don't spot it, you've broken the rules and they've taken the flak!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Missing special
I keep all specials in their own tray in the back of the van with the collection keys. Treat them like you would your passport.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Missing special
I HATE it when your partner jams the specials in the bags. At least write Special on the ones that aren't obviously specials.
I've stopped signing Specials out of the cage when I'm working with someone who attitude towards them is lax.
I've stopped signing Specials out of the cage when I'm working with someone who attitude towards them is lax.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Missing special
Trish16 let us know how you get on.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Missing special
Used to wind me up something chronic when a partner prepped a part of a walk and didn't turn recordeds/tracked/regis.