ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Permanently relocated to another delivery office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kram123
Posts: 11
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 14:42
Gender: Male

Permanently relocated to another delivery office

Post by kram123 »

Hi, I've been told that I am to be permanently relocated to another delivery office, which is around 15 miles drive from my house. Do I have a say in this, and what would happen if I was to say no I don't want to be moved?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Permanently relocated to another delivery office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Depends on the reason behind it. But have a word with an Area Rep.

Is the office closing. They yes they can, and you will get a payment for it.


Is it for a disciplinary. Then Yes they can, and as far as I am aware there is no allowance payable,

Is it just you - this one gets a bit murky and you will need to speak to a knowledgeable rep as there are some circumstances they can, some, where it would be difficult and some, where they can't, it all depends on the circumstances - However in most cases you would get a payment or temporary allowance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
kram123
Posts: 11
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 14:42
Gender: Male

Permanently relocated to another delivery office

Post by kram123 »

Thanks for the reply.
I was unofficially told this information by a manager today, and I need to speak to another manager to get it officially confirmed that I will be moved.
The office is not closing, and it would not be for discipline. It appears that it would just be me moving. I have been on loan at this other office for a few weeks due to them being short staffed.