Hi all,
I am a new starter and this week I have been sent to work in another delivery office over 10 miles away from the one I am based at. After doing a search in the forum, I understand that I am entitled to sign in at my delivery office at my official start time before I make my journey to the new office and sign out in my delivery office at my official finish time. So to confirm, my traveling time is included in my contracted hours?
I read there is an agreement stating this. What is called and where can I find it?
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sent to work in another office - info please
-
kram123
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 14:42
- Gender: Male
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Sent to work in another office - info please
I'm sure someone will provide the agreements but yes you're right.
Sign in at your office.
Demand a van or a taxi etc to the other office and refuse to your own car as you're most likely not insured for this.
Sign in at your office.
Demand a van or a taxi etc to the other office and refuse to your own car as you're most likely not insured for this.
-
kram123
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Sent to work in another office - info please
Thank you for the reply.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Sent to work in another office - info please
If you agree to do overtime at the other office make sure you get the manager's number - there's a good chance that the scuttling filth will try to welch on payment once you are no longer at that office.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sent to work in another office - info please
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=12462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;kram123 wrote:Hi all,
I am a new starter and this week I have been sent to work in another delivery office over 10 miles away from the one I am based at. After doing a search in the forum, I understand that I am entitled to sign in at my delivery office at my official start time before I make my journey to the new office and sign out in my delivery office at my official finish time. So to confirm, my traveling time is included in my contracted hours?
I read there is an agreement stating this. What is called and where can I find it?
Thanks.
CWU AND ROYAL MAIL PAY AND MODERNISATION
AGREEMENT - APRIL 2007/2009
Working in nearby offices – Areas will identify and agree with the CWU
locally a approach (which could include the use of volunteers and
reserves) to working in nearby offices within employees’ contracted
hours which will include travel times and appropriate travel and
subsistence arrangements.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.